Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Elder Zach Benard




 Zach was just transferred to Corvallis a couple of weeks ago.  He's been in Coos Bay ever since he arrived in Oregon 4 months ago.  Change is good but he sure is gonna miss the beach; he's always loved the ocean.  Here are some pieces of his last e-mail.

Hello Everyone!!
It's been pretty different here in Corvallis, the people here are more into...tracting. They think that tracting will bring baptisms and that asking members for referrals isn't as good of an approach, that's what we were doing in my last area and we actually had more appointments come through. But that's ok cause I've been tracting in the rain most of the time  and I'm perfectly fine with that. ;)
Elder Phair has been out 8 months and is really... obedient. He's one of those "tool" missionaries, but he's good at teaching and I've learned a lot from him. The people really seem to hate us or like us here and they say that we don't know what we believe cause we were raised in the religion and we can't choose for ourselves. I had the experience of kinda falling away and choosing for myself to come back and I told this guy a little about that and how he shouldn't say that we don't know what we believe, cause we CAN choose for ourselves! He said, well I'm a scientist and I'm just not interested. 
There are a lot of Mexicans and Hawaiians here, they are cool cause they know how to eat a lot of food and cook it good, and they give us the left overs! :) They are also really funny cause they like to have the 'Best 2 Years' playing in the background.
Well hope you all have a great week and love you all!!
My address is: 2788 SW Pickford st. #106 Corvallis, OR, 97333
Love you!!
Love Elder Benard

No comments:

Post a Comment