Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Elder Dallin Stout




Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM

     So this morning I was woken up by an earth quake. It was pretty cool, I thought I was just dreaming but apparently other missionaries also felt it. 
     Monday we got our district together and played free for all dodge ball. It was way fun but I was sore for several days after so I think I played a little to intense. We met the Khyat family, only the father is not a member. Sister Khyat I found out is related to Kelsey Bone, currently a senior soccer player at Layton high where I went to school! 
     Tuesday we met with Madelene and she was able to help us understand her medical situation with coffee more. We also met with the Vudmaska's. 
     Wednesday the 2nd ward needed us to go on splits several times with them, to help them get to their lessons. Elder Fagen was sick so I stayed with him. Madelene called and was not happy. A member went to see her and knew about her coffee situation. So Madelene was embarrassed and doesn't want to come to church. I talked with her and tried to calm her by saying a prayer over the phone, But she still didn't come.
     Thursday we met with Millie and had a short lesson about faith. Then we had to run to a baptismal interview for Kevin Interiano, who was trying to get baptized in December. 
     Friday we had dinner with Araceli and Nathan who are not members but are amazing Christian people! We have done service for them lots of times and she used to be taught the lessons. We had a lesson with Leto, an employee of Bro Guevara's who has come to church a few times. We taught the Restoration but found out that he knows a lot and has been reading the Book Of Mormon. He is already in the book of Mosiah! 
     Saturday was Kevin's baptism, he asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost. We forgot to tell Kevin to bring a towel and extra underwear, so he had to go commando after the baptism. He got up to bear his testimony at the end and he spoke to his mom in Spanish. I know every person there felt the spirit of his testimony. We later had a lesson with Millie at the bishops house. We watched President Monson's talk from last conference about how God is always there to help us. We helped her understand what the role of a prophet is and what makes him so important to us.
     Sunday Kevin was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. His mom gave me a big hug afterwards, we were able to get her contact info and she wants the Spanish sisters to come see her!   After church we went finding and ran into this family from India who invited us to their house. They were Hindi so we taught them simply about God being our father who loves us and wants the best for us. It was nice to have a companion who served part of his mission in India and knew the culture! They invited us back next Saturday to teach them. Their names are Puru and Preeti, they have 2 little kids and are the most humble people I have ever met. It makes me think that for people who are not Christian at all are more Christ like than most people I have met who claim to be Christian as well as members of our church. Don't tell me your Christian... show me your Christian!


Elder Collard and Elder Stout


No comments:

Post a Comment