Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Elder Justin Thiel

August 3rd

We were very busy this week with all that happened to us. On Monday, we had a lesson with our recent converts, the Cottmans.  Their dad is living with them for the time being and we have been teaching him ever since he got there.  They had us over for dinner and after we ate we decided to watch the "Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration" video.  The movie was awesome, as it always is, and the spirit was really present.  After the movie we bore testimony of the restoration and the prophet Joseph Smith.  I felt the need to invite him to baptism after that and to ask him if he felt that Joseph was indeed a prophet.  He answered yes and agreed to be baptized. We haven't set a date with him yet and he has a word of wisdom problem, but he loves the church and what it has done for his daughter and wants to be baptized now.  It was an awesome miracle.  We had some more lessons with the young man named Sona.  There was an awesome miracle with him as well.  We met with him and taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ.  When we talked about how he feels about all this, he said that his prayers have been answered.  He related an awesome experience that he had with the Book of Mormon and he said, " I already knew it was true, but I needed the Lord to tell me it was true and He did."

We had an awesome zone conference with the mission president this week.  We had many speakers including the Assistants to the President, members of the mission presidency, and the mission president's wife.  There were a couple of things that really struck me.  The first speaker was a member of the mission presidency named President McCoy.  He talked about miracles.  He talked about living worthy of the Lord's miracles and to expect them.  He talked of the faith and love that we must have to see such miracles and shared some of the miracles of the Savior and some of the miracles that were happening in our mission.  It was very inspiring to hear.  The other talk that inspired me was by the mission president.  He showed us the video of what was happening in Brazil.  He then gave us 2 questions to think about. Why not here? and Why not now?  He talked about how the promises of the Lord are extended to everyone and that these things can happen to us if we are faithful and live worthy of the Lord's help.  That was one thing that was stressed a lot!  Living the Lord's standards with exactness!

I got the package on Sunday ( because the missionary couple over the mail in my mission is in my ward so they brought it to me)!   Thank you so much for the cake and things that are in it.  My companion is going to bake the cake for me on Thursday.  One of the members in my ward is getting me a replica of the first edition of the Book of Mormon.  I think that will be really neat!   It isn't in verse form and I hear that it reads very differently.  Also a member is having us over for dinner on my birthday and they are having a barbeque.  It should be a fun dayI

I'm sorry to hear about all the things that went wrong this week for you, but you are right about the attitude thing. We always have to keep an upbeat attitude with everything that we do.  It always reminds me of the talk that Elder Uchtdorf gave in conference about gratitude.  It's an awesome talk.

Thank you again for the birthday stuff!  I hope that you all have a great week!!!

Love,

Elder Thiel

No comments:

Post a Comment