Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman

                                  Willow Wood Wardies serving in Ohio together, Elder Beckman and Elder Price

Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:49

CHERRY GROVE!


Hey everyone!!! this has been a really good week for me and Elder Price!  We are killing it!!  We have seen a lot of miracles and seen some not so fun times this week, but it's okay because we just keep on going and life gets better and better every day!!
So..... it is pretty awesome!!  We received 4 Brand new missionaries into our zone fresh out of the MTC and they are all awesome!!!  So we are excited to have them all put into our zone!!  It's fun because there is a lot of "greenie fire" that we needed so we are about to have a lot of fun today with them, because today we are having a zone fun day!!  Where we can all come together and play some fun games on our off day!
So this last week we were able to get a lot of stuff done!!  We had Transfers and we had Zone Meeting and then this week we have had Zone Conference, and then just some more little stuff but we are pretty busy here in the mission right now!!  But it's okay, I love being busy!! (ha ha ha I cannot believe I just said that!) but ya, it is a lot of fun being busy!
So this last week we met with Tony, our investigator from Jordan, and he is doing awesome!  He came to church with us and is getting along very well with all of them members, but ya, meeting with him is really fun because he speaks really broken English, so I just guess what he is saying and then I repeat it back to him so he can answer. But it was cool!!  He was showing us this old Arabic bible of his and I opened it up, and there was this way old Mormon pass along card inside of it, and he said that missionaries gave that to him like 25 years ago!!  And he used it as a book mark in his bible!!  It was so sweet to see that!! ha ha  It really shows how the Lord is preparing people for us to meet and then to really help them in their life!!  But all we can do now is hope for the best with him, because he has a rough family situation!  So I will keep you posted.
But last story really quick is that Deanna and Anthony are doing awesome!!  They got up in church this last week to bear their testimonies and it was awesome, and when we tried to set up a lesson with them we totally got shafted!!  Ha ha ha!!  We asked them if we could come by Tuesday, and they were like, "Oh, we are busy that day we have something called "Visiting Teachers" coming over."  Ha ha, dang it!  But that is so awesome that the ward is really welcoming them in!!  But ya, I am so glad to be here in the Cherry Grove Ward!!  I am stoked for what is to come!!!
But I hope you all are doing awesome!!  I love hearing about all the stories from home, so keep emailing me pictures and keep sending me stories and letters in the mail!!  Hope all is well!!  LOVE YA!!
Keep Smiling
ELDER BECKMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment