Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Elder Brayden Evans






So this week I read the Book of Ether and I learned a lot... Watching the whole destruction of a civilization really is an eye opening experience and that is what I did in my studies. I was amazed and the end of Ether how many different opportunities the Lord gave Coriatumr and the people the option of repenting and being saved... Over and over again they are given the direction to repent and change.. They reject it with pride every single time until, destruction. Another thing is that they destroy themselves.. The Lord says ¨you will be destroyed.¨ In the scriptures when that is said I always thought of someone being struck down by a lightning bolt dead haha but in all reality the destruction comes from ourselves. The Lord can do nothing to reject our agency even though he has all power to do so.. He simply cannot protect them when they don’t live the commandments and he allows them to destroy themselves.. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon it really the difference between our church and the others.. President Wagner gave us an assignment to underline in the Book of Mormon every title of Christ.. I did it and also counted them at the bottom of each page. It mentions Christ more than 4000 times by a direct title in the Book of Mormon.. We aren’t Christians hahahaha? My testimony has become what it is because of the Book of Mormon I’m so grateful for the Gospel and the peace it brings to my life :)

Well I miss you guys

I love you guys and pray for you guys every day

Con Amor,
      Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment