Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Elder Bremen Acord

HEY!
Good week here in Porto Novo. We spent a couple of days in Mindelo for Zone Conference. It was good, I feel like we have meetings and councils and conferences every week! We travel so much! haha I got a letter from Dad, too, this week.  On the back you told me to save up all of my travel miles so that we can get a free trip for 7 back here to Santo Antão. 7???  Right now I am just sitting here in this Internet cafe sweating sooo much. I just told Elder Darling, that I just can't wait for the day that I am not sweating... I don't even know what that is like anymore. This morning we spent about $55 on groceries cuz they had a bunch of delicious fruit that I haven't eaten since America. PLUMS and Nectarines! 
I had a good week last week though. We had a good baptism this week named Vany. Also, I told you guys about a lesson we taught last week when we taught the Restoration and they all were crying. Well, we have been teaching them still, and on Sunday one of them got up and bore here testimony and it was incredible! Even though she hasn't even been baptized yet. Everyone in the congregation was super zoned into her and people came up to us and said that they want to come teach her with us now. haha Another thing that was super cool was that yesterday a few babies were blessed in sacrament meeting and the spirit was wayyy strong!  We taught a couple lessons afterwards to some investigators that were there and one of them said her favorite part of church was the baby blessing, cuz she said that she could see the baby when it was being blessed, and it was staring wide eyed super intensely toward the ceiling and she said that she just knew that the baby was full of the love of God at that moment. The very next lesson we taught, she said that her favorite part of church was the baby blessing because during the blessing she saw the baby and she said that there was a clear beam of light going straight down onto the baby. How nuts is that! I had my eyes closed during the blessing, so I didn't see anything, but it was a pretty awesome experience. 
When we were in Mindelo, President Oliveira took Elder Darling and I and the Assistents out to dinner for pizza :)  We talked a lot about the Second Coming and how it is going to totally happen in this generation and all that. It was a sweet conversation.. Never in my life have I met someone so humble and so dedicated to serving the Lord since his conversion. Never have I met someone that is always so full of the spirit and so full of love for the people he is serving. If President Oliveira is like this, I can't even imagine what it would be like to spend some time with an apostle, or the prophet. I almost don't believe that they could top President Oliveira! haha jk, but it's hard to believe. He will definitely be a 70 after this, and maybe even an Apostle. Anyways, it sounds like you all had a good week. Thank you for the e-mails, I love you all and miss you so much! Have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Acord

No comments:

Post a Comment