Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Sister Sydney Burningham


Happy Fall from Sister Sydney Burningham!
Hey Everyone!
Another week gone by, can't say that it's slowing down at all, in fact it's going by like the speed of light.  But I'm loving every second of it.  So much has happened this week that I'm not sure if I can remember most of it, but I will tell you all about some highlights.  We got a week break from exchanges so we went hard as a companionship and tried to see as many people as we could.  It was awesome!!!... we're really starting to teach in unity and really just gain such love for the people and for each other.  We have been making some goals and making plans and things are just going great! 
So, the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month we have been going to help at the Methodist church food pantry, they just LOVE us there.  I'm serious they are the most wonderful people and they just love us coming to help.  We bag up the food and take it out to the cars of the families who come to receive it.  I don't know if any of you were aware but Kenny Chesney's family lives here and they are just straight up country and live clear out there in the backwoods.  The best thing is we know Kenny's uncle's friend, he owns his own catering business called "Uncle Butch's Barbeque" classic.  Anyway, this guy said he would bring uncle Butch next time to meet us and maybe we can meet Kenny Chesney's family or something, it's going to be great.  Who knew? 
Well, we have a baptism.. today!!  Joe Kronick is getting baptized at 5:30 tonight and we are so excited.  We'll be doing musical number as a companionship "Nearer my God To Thee" and there's a ton of ward members that are getting involved.  His son, Colin is baptizing him and Chelsea his daughter and Debbie his wife will be there as well.  We are so excited I'll make sure I send pictures of this incredible family next week, just amazing the miracles we are seeing.  Chilhowee ward is so great, I never thought I would love a place as much as Kingsport but wherever you go, you just fit right in and it all works out. 
We had an amazing experience this week.  So we got a referral from some people in Idaho and they told us to go see Zesta Faulkner.  We had a hard time getting to see her so on Saturday an appointment cancelled and we had some extra time, we all three instantly thought let's just try Zesta.  So we got there, she was home and we taught her the restoration.  I'm always amazed at the power and spirit that come when you teach someone about the first vision.  She just cried and said she knows the Book of Mormon is true and she's been reading most of it.  She has such a strong faith in Christ and I know she'll be baptized soon.  As we qualify ourselves for the spirit he totally leads us in the right direction, always.
My mission means everything to me.  I love these people and I'm blessed to be able to be a representative of the Savior and minister to his people.  He knows us, he loves us and he wants what's best for us.
"Sometimes you just have small victories, be grateful for them and be patient with yourself." -Elder Holland
I love our prophet and apostles and general authorities of the church, they are inspired and I know they are called of God.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Burningham

No comments:

Post a Comment