Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sister Sydney Burningham



                                               She's the cutest. LOVE my companion.

 Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM

 "It's LDS night at the smokies!"


Hey Everybody!
So this really cool thing is happening tonight, we're not actually attending due to the lateness of the game and things like that but they have a night at the smokies baseball where they recognize the Mormons!  They have them all like stand up and they get in for cheaper, it's so great, I thought that was way cool, all the members in our ward are going and they are all way excited about it.  Also this week, Sister Sume send me a picture of a pig on fire in the mail this week, made my day for sure, I miss her a lot.  Sister Roundy and I are doing so great!  I cannot imagine ending my mission with anyone other than her, she puts up with me and we are really unified, miracles are happening.
One such miracle I just have to share, it happened last week on Monday night.  We were at a members house having dinner and we got a call from the Hardin Valley Elders, they met this woman at Wal-Mart, she stopped them and told them that she had been a member for years and years but she wasn't going anymore and hadn't for a long time.  She needed a priesthood blessing for her son who has been having seizures, they gave us her information and we contacted her the next day.  She is the sweetest lady, they have a lot of things going on in their family right now but our ward members got on board and they had some men from the ward come give him a blessing, she has three children living in the home, all of which are not members but want to learn more, the whole time I kept having this overwhelming feeling of love for them and a vision of what their little family could become, there are two things of many that I have learned on my mission I want to share.
1. The most unexpected people are the most receptive to the gospel.
2. Anyone can change.
I feel like every time I am discouraged or worried the Lord presents me with miracles and with the love of the Savior, as I experience the Atonement work in my own life I want others to have same, that's the miracle of conversion. 
In Alma chapter 26 verse 27 it talks about Ammon and how at times he was discouraged and concerned for the work, he didn't always have a perfect trust in the Lord and his timing, we all have doubts and we all wonder if this work is worth it. 
 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn‍ back, behold, the Lord comforted‍ us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience‍ thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
It is always worth it, because this work is true, Jesus Christ leads and guides this church, He is real, He lives and He loves us.  Through His gospel is the only way we can receive the peace we need and the confirmation that we are doing the right thing. 
We are singing with the youth in our sacrament meeting this sunday, so wish us luck, haha, we are excited they are all so pumped about missionary work, it's contagious. 
Thank you for the love, emails, letters and support.  It means the world to me, really I still have two weeks left out here, the things that can be accomplished in two weeks, endless possibilities!
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Burningham.


So mission rules are we can't eat in the car, and I couldn't wait because I LOVE publix cookies, it's a Tennessee thing I think, so Sister Roundy took a picture of me not being able to wait, it's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment