Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Elder Brayden Evans







Well this week was pretty good, We had a really good baptism this weekend and we have had a lot of spiritual experiences with our investigators. Well Erin made it to Sweden :) sounds pretty rough if you want the truth. The first sixth months of the mission might have been the worst six months of my life if you want the honest truth. The Cleansing process of the Lord that every person goes through on the mission really isn’t fun. But looking back I wouldn’t trade those experiences for anything. They have slowly turned me into who I am. We had a leadership conference this weekend and I was informed by the president that I was sent to be District Leader in my District to fix what was going on.. There were some problems and I think a missionary might have gotten sent home but I’m not 100% sure.. Wow a lot of work, I have been on the phone talking to bishops and counselors and basically doing the zone leaders job.. but hey I guess that happens sometimes. My companion is a stud, Professional soccer player. Thanks dad for the pictures, definitely a manhood crisis, and relive the past.. Everybody here is super concerned about soccer, and they have no chance to ever win the World cup so I don’t understand why. They say stupid stuff and I just fill my mouth with tacos and don’t comment. So I have been studying the genealogy of the Book of Mormon.. (That’s how many times I’ve read the stinking book) and I have learned a lot. The Book of Mosiah is probably my favorite book in the Book of Mormon. King Benjamin, Abinidi, and Alma back to back to back. Definitely worth my time. I have studied D&C 121 very in depth as well. The Power of the Priesthood is a very interesting subject. One thing that I have learned in my mission is that Miracles don’t make testimonies. I saw a miracle this week, and the people affected by it are still not interested in the gospel. God give us signs, sometimes little, sometimes big, but it is a decision that we make before if we are going to find these evidences. Literally as a missionary I can find a miracle in every day of my life. Eternal Life is a decision. I’m so grateful for the training and preparation im receiving right now from my Heavenly Father to be a father and a husband because in all reality that’s what the mission does more than anything.

Well I’m coming up on a year the 21. Wow haha when people tell you the mission flies by.. its a lie, but I’m very content with were I’m at in my mission right now. I’m very at peace. I go to bed at night and wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and there is really nothing else in the world that can bring those feeling other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That really is the message we share as missionaries. There is nothing else in the whole entire world that will bring the peace and comfort that I live with every day as representative of Jesus Christ. This next year will define the whole entire rest of my life and I’m super excited to get started.

The Lord answers prayers, I can honestly say that there is not one thing that I have asked of the Lord that I have not received in this last year. I live in peace, I fluently speak Spanish, My family still writes my, Erin isn’t married to some other dude (WHOOO) waiting 4 months for her is definitely better than that, and I’m not dead, which is always a plus.

I love you guys
I pray for you every day
Elder Evans

1 comment:

  1. His candor with the hardship and struggles of a mission and the growth it brings is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete