Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Elder Seth Garner





Another incredible week has gone by! Time is going way too fast... I don't like it! Sacrament meeting yesterday was great. Andrea AND Dennis both came to church, which is such a miracle! Anytime we would ask Dennis about church, his immediate answer was NO. He has made some complete changes since I first started teaching him. He is flying through the Book of Mormon, and says that he just can't put it down! We committed him to pray about it again to know if it is true, and he said "sure, but I already know it's true."... AWWW YEAHHH! Gosh, I stinkin' love that man to death! It seems like every new person I meet is my new favorite person, and each time I think they can't get any better... I guess everyone I see is my favorite person! AHHHHH it makes me so happy!!! We have been able to reactivate a less-active named Kris, who hasn't been to church in forty years. He is the kindest, sweetest man ever. He's got a pretty sweet handlebar mustache too! He works at the corner market, and he always gives us free food from there. His first week back to church was on Mother's Day, which Elder Casey and I happened to be speaking in Sacrament meeting. Kris said that he has never felt the Spirit so strong in his life, and he has come back to church every week since Mother's Day! He always says that he considers us family, and I can definately say that I consider him mine! Kris will always be apart of my life, along with all of the other wonderful people that I have had the opportunity of meeting here in Julian. I am sorry but time is short this week, so I have got to get rolling. I promise to give a more detailed e-mail next week. Hoorah for Israel!
Love,
       Elder Garner


Pics - Elder Casey and I were able to help do a Mormon Battalion re-enactment for a ranch house called Warner Carillo that is in our area. The Mormon Battalion stopped here on their way down to San Diego.
This is Blind Dave. HE IS THE BEST! He plays the guitar and sings like a champion. We were able to stop by Downtown Julian on Sunday and listen to him play.

This... Is a llama.






No comments:

Post a Comment