Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Elder Bremen Acord


Dear Family,
Wow, a lot of questions this week. My comp doesn't ever get e-mails from home, so I try not to spent too much time on Internet. I will answer all of your questions though. Mom:
1. My Schedule every day isn't a ton different, we wake up and get ready for the day, for me, getting ready includes taking a nice cold shower (which feels amazing in this blazing hot area) then, I usually eat breakfast and write in my journal. Starting at my year mark I'm going to start throwing in some excersises... haha then we start Personal Study at 8, comp study at 9 during which people in our zone call us a lot and ask us questions on random stuff... and we plan for the day and the zone. then language study at 10, I usually just read something in Portuguese, or right now I am learning Spanish and I'm trying to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish. Then at 11 we go out and teach, we usually get to teach 2 lessons before 1 when we have lunch, then we leave at three and teach until 9:30. Then we get home, plan for the next day, call the district leaders, see how the day was for everyone, and how the baptisms are for the next week, then eat something and go to bed.
2. We have the newest, smallest zone right now. 2 districts of 8 missionarys... The zone just covers the 4 areas. 2 were in Porto Novo, 1 in Ribeira Grande and 1 in Ponta do Sol
3. The coolest place I have visited so far on my mission was Serra Maligueta in Assomada. I'm looking forward to go visit Ribeira Grande here though, its a jungle...
4. Each day as a missionary... a couple things, I'm always starving by lunch time and exhausted by night time. haha but other than that, there is usually at least 1 lesson a day that I'm stoked to teach, either with a family or a sweet progressing investigator. In a week, definitely Saturday baptisms and this moment right now. :)
5. My least favorite thing... that is a very vague question.... I don't like all the permenantly drunk people and all the broken families. Sometimes I get bored with the same old routine every day... being a zone leader mixes things up a lot though and the time is flying by right now! I'm half way done with this transfer!
6. What have I learned about myself recently that I didn't really know?? I have learned that I think the leadership skills that I have are best with one on one problems, or dupla problems. I'm working on gaining more self confidence on bigger scale things like zone trainings and stuff...
7. The gospel gives me the brightest hope for a happy future.
8. I"m getting more self confidence on bigger scale things. I gave a pretty cool training at zone meeting last Saturday...
9..... there you go. Advice?
Yaaaaa birthday package!!! okay I will look hard for those. Addie seems like she is going to have a pretty awesome eventful week haha those are some pretty sweet pranks :) Tell her to write me...
Jesse, thank you for your little message! I miss you so much! It sounds like everything is going nicely in your life :) love you.
This last week was good, Zone leaders council was sweet and we had a good baptism on Saturday. I'm happy :) I keep trying to upload photos, but the attachment keeps failing... sorry. Ill keep trying. I love and miss you all sooooo much! have a good week!
Love,
Elder Acord

No comments:

Post a Comment