Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Elder Acord

Baptism last Saturday


Family Home Evening

Hi Family!!! Its a good morning here in Praia! I don't know if I told you guys last week, but we have Zone Leaders Counsel tomorrow, so on Sunday we got on a boat to Mindelo, and this morning at 5:30 we got on a plane here to Praia. I feel like I have been traveling a lot lately... Its cool though. Cape Verde is sweet, in two days I have been on 3 different Islands. This last week was pretty awesome. It was a great first week of the transfer. We got ourselves super set up to have a pretty successful transfer. Elder Smith is pretty cool. He is just one transfer younger than me. He really likes video games and talks about them all the time, which is fine, cuz then I just talk about Emma and Hockey all the time. AAAAnd you guys too of course. This transfer should be super sweet though. After this last week and church,  we have 3 solid progressing families. Possibly a marriage by the end of the transfer, which would be just soooo awesome. I've been here a year now and I feel like I kind of get how the work goes now, and what it takes to get people to baptism. This transfer already I have made a lot of changes in just some aspects of the way that I work. I made some plans last transfer that I wanted to start doing this transfer and now that I'm training Elder Smith as zone leader, its the perfect time to apply some changes in our ward here. We are doing a lot of divisions with members which allows us to teach a lot more lessons every day. We are going to start having weekly trainings for the ward missionaries and we are heavily involving the ward in almost everything that we do. Yesterday for church instead of what missionaries usually do here, which is pass by all the investigators and remind them of church and walk with them there, We had about 10 different members designated to different people and making sure they get to church. We had a SUPER high attendance in church yesterday, it was awesome. This week while we are gone we have people teaching our next couple baptisms. Also, because of the new focus of the mission, we are working a lot more with the inactives and its been sweet having all this new work with the ward. In some ward here in Cape Verde, things are good and well organized. I don't think that any of this kind of work between the ward and missionaries has happened much in Santo Antao and its already paying off a lot. Dad, you asked me if I was able to watch any of that church wide training thing. Not yet, maybe tomorrow during zone leaders counsel. 



Love,
Elder Acord

No comments:

Post a Comment