Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Elder Brennan McEwan

            Hey all,
Freshly minted Elder McEwan here. As some of you probably know, I got my mission call to Hong Kong back in March, and I will be leaving for the MTC in August. I was very excited to get called to such an amazing place in the Lord’s vineyard. Ironically enough (with the partial exceptions of brief trip to Canada and Mexico), Hong Kong was my first (and so far only) visit to a foreign country. That’s right; I actually had the opportunity to visit my future mission on a family vacation a few years back.
Since I’ve already been to Hong Kong, I can say that it is an amazing place. I am excited to have the chance to share the gospel among such a polite and kind people. I am happy that I will get the chance to experience a culture completely different from my own. Oh, and I also really like Chinese food, so that’s another perk to this call as well. (And to those who just read that and are rolling their eyes and saying something like “Heh heh… you have no idea….,” don’t worry. I actually think real Chinese food is much tastier than Panda Express style Americanese food. In fact, I really think some squid is sounding really good right around now…)
            Anyway, I know that Hong Kong is the right place for me to be serving. Honestly, both my Mom and Dad guessed I’d be going there, and I had my suspicions too. I think no other place in the world could give me a better experience, and I think I can leave my mark there too. I know that there are people out there that I can help to know in their hearts that Christ is their Savior, and that they have a loving Heavenly Father who knows them and their struggles personally.
            I know that a mission is the right place for me to be, and that Hong Kong is where I need to be serving. I know that Christ is our Redeemer, and that we have a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us. I know that His prophets and the scriptures they wrote are full of truth that give us the guidance we need to live with Him again some day.
            To wrap up, I’m thrilled for Hong Kong, and I can’t wait to get out in the field.

-Brennan McEwan

1 comment:

  1. It is sooooo awesome that you are going to Hong Kong!! I can't think of any other place that you could go where you could have a better leg in the door than in Hong Kong!! Your blonde hair and fair complexion are going to be a real draw for them. Then with your kind personality, their hearts will be so open to receive the spirit!! How awesome!!! Calls truly are inspired!! I can't wait for you to get into the field!!!

    ReplyDelete