Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Elder Brayden Evans






This week one of our progressing investigators came to us broken down and explained to us how she couldn’t keep going and visiting with us. She explained to us what was going on and it was one of those really big problems. She has had some very strong spiritual experiences with us. One of them we prayed about the book of Mormon and she said that she felt somebody "Slap her in the back of the head and tell her it was the truth... DUH" haha If I didn’t feel the spirit in that room I would have thought she was crazy. Anyways She sent us like a 5 page text about how it was over and she wasn’t going to continue and explained to us why... At first I felt like, well that’s a really good reason I think we lost her. I was heart broken to say the least. I’ve really grown to love this woman. In all reality the only thing Satan can not combat is love. I got on my knees and asked the Lord what to say. I sent a text telling her how much we loved her and how big of a blessing she was in our lives. It was really heart felt and from my heart. My companion was in his greenie "I don’t know what the heck to do" phase so I had to handle the whole situation on my own. At the end of the message I sent I told her the only thing that the Lord cares about is if she can get up in the morning, keep moving on, and go to church (It was Saturday night) She didn’t respond...

I tossed and turned the whole night. It was just pounding me in the back of the head. I was pretty devastated. I was sitting in Sacrament meeting the next day praying and looking for spiritual guidance (it was a long week haha) and boom, She walks in with her daughter about 10 minutes late.. :)

We have a lesson with her tonight... It was a really rewarding feeling to see the Lord go to work on her. Charity is what we are all trying to develop and in all reality we have the best example in the world in Jesus Christ. People accepted what he said because of the Love he showed. One of my favorite chapters in the book of Mormon is 3 Nephi 17 If you read the start of the chapter until verse 7. "Have you ANY that are sick among you? Bring them hither.....or that are afflicted in any  manner?" and then in verse  9. I love the way it is written when he is healing the people. "and with ALL them and that were afflicted in ANY matter; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him." Sometimes I think we forget when we see a trial the the Atonement heals all. Literally fixes everything. Christ told the people there to bring all unto him to be healed. He put no exceptions because there are none. He heals all. The Atonement is Infinite and Perfect.

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment