Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Elder Colton Price


Well this past week was awesome! And the start of this week has been spectacular as well! I went to a meeting last Wednesday and we were taught by President Porter and by Brother Wade (Someone high up in the missionary department). 
Elder Nixon and I are still companions, but it is still a possibility that one of us will be transferred on the 26th so, who knows. I hope I get to stay with him, he is just so much fun to be with and he is really in tune with the spirit. When we teach he is always able to really bring the Spirit and soften people's hearts. 
I just got back from exchanges with the Elders in Eaton. I went with Elder Sorenson. He is from Laramie Wyoming and he has been out for almost 9 months. He is a great missionary with a huge potential to be a leader. It was fun to work with him in his area for a day. 
 The weather here is cold...below freezing cold, but other than that it is still beautiful. There was snow on the ground yesterday when we woke up and it was 23 degrees outside. I have given in to the dark side...I just started wearing a scarf. It should really help when it blows freezing wind down the back of my neck, but we'll see. 

So while I was at the meeting and even at zone meeting yesterday we learned a lot about the doctrine of Christ and the doctrine in the lessons in Preach My Gospel. We were asked if we could teach each of the lessons in one or two words. Can you do it?
What word would you use for lesson one? lesson two? etc.
I testify that Preach My Gospel is modern scripture. It is designed to help us understand the Celestial law of the gospel. We are learning how heaven is going to be like. 
I want you to know that I know that this gospel is true. I know it without a doubt. The Church IS true! (exclamation point) Jesus is the Christ. He is the Anointed Savior of the children of God. Because of His sacrifice we are able to have agency, and without agency the plan of God would have no power to save. He cannot force us to become like Him, so He won't. I am so grateful for the grace of The Father and The Son in giving us this gospel. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and His guidance and care for us all. I know that we have prophets today and that this dispensation started in 1820 when a young boy knelt to pray. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He was allowed to restore the Church in behalf  of Jesus Christ. He brought about the Book of Mormon--the truest book on earth. Thomas S Monson is the prophet today. Of this all I bear testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment