Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Elder Justin Thiel





Dear Family,

Things have gotten a lot better this week. I received the card from Kay and the money she sent me.  Tell her thank you for me.  It's getting so much colder out here. in the morning and at night it gets down to the low 50's and it got down to the 30's for one night and the humidity just makes it so much worse.  I have a request for you guys: when you can spare it I need some things as of this time. 1. Next transfers is on the 26 and if my companion leaves then I am left without a gps... so if you guys could get me one it will be much appreciated. 2. Also I have a small dvd player ( all missionaries have one in their apartment) and I have time every morning to work out so I would love it if you could send me a copy of the insanity workout with a calendar, that's if you can.  I would love to come back from my mission fit and be fit on my mission. 3. Lastly I would love it if you could send me some mittens because my hands get pretty cold and with the mittens if you could send me my red stripped hoodie ( which I left in the van ) to me for something warm to wear on p-days and at night. I know that this is a lot to ask and take your time if you need to, I'm just saying that I will need these items in the future.

Things are really starting to pick up here.  We now have 2 people on date for baptism.  One is named Eddy and he is a golden investigator.  He is planning on being baptized on the Nov 23.  The other is named Johnnie.  I think that I've told you about him in the past but now he's starting to get ready for it.  We have the largest teaching pool that we've ever had right now so we're pretty happy.  We are going to make sure that we continue to keep this up.  We have been going to see former investigators and going tracting, which I don't like to do, to find more people to teach. I don't have any funny stories this time, I'm afraid but I have had some funny moments with the sisters in my district and my companion.  They like the different voices that I can do.

For Halloween we got to come back to our apartments at 6 and do whatever we wanted till 10:30 so I just studied the whole time.  It was great and I learned so much.  Our ward did a trunk or treat and I got to try a boiled peanut..  It was nasty.  I didn't get any candy from the trunk or treat though sadly enough.  My members don't love me :(

One thing that we did this week was bake a cake for one of our investigator's birthday.  We made the cake ourselves and everything went well until my companion tried to take the cake out of the pan.  You see we did a 2 layer cake and the bottom layer came out just fine, but when my companion tried to take the top layer out of the pan, the cake ripped in half.... so what I did was mended the cake back together with frosting and then used tons of frosting to make it so you couldn't notice that the cake was in pieces.  It looked perfect when it was done and I was so proud of myself.  I'll have to send you a picture of it.  It also tasted pretty good by the way.

Well I love ya'll and thanks for all the support that you have given me.  I hope that you continue to read together as a family and I hope that moms leg gets better. and dad still owes me some of his missionary stories! Don't let him forget.
Love,

Elder Thiel   

No comments:

Post a Comment