Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Elder Dallin Stout




On Monday, November 4, 2013 1:35 PM, 
So the first person I talked to on my first day, her name is Tanya and we finally got a hold of her! I taught her the Restoration and she's really open to learning, but she is not yet an investigator because she told us to come back whenever rather than a specific time.  Marry has memory problems and has been taught since the beginning of this year.  On Saturday she said she would get baptized if it meant she would be following Christ.  But yesterday she told us she would never get baptized because she thinks 2 times in her life to other churches is enough. It's difficult but it answered my prayer for her to be honest with us. My companion is very hard working and I'm so glad for that!  It's good to know you're doing all you can to help people. I'm worried about Troy we haven't seen him in a week and can never get a hold of him. I got my new bike on Saturday! So happy that I don't have to borrow an Elders huge mountain bike anymore! We do have a car that we use every other day so that's nice. Every companionship in the mission gets a cell phone to contact members and Investigators. 
  One of the members in my ward is Jack Regus. He danced with Judy Garland, taught Elvis Presley how to dance, and won an Emy award. I have a picture with it! 
Another recent convert was recently divorced from her husband who is the number one most recorded drummer in the world. The ward is awesome here they are all so willing to help us out.

On Monday, November 11, 2013 1:19 PM
Hey so I forgot to mention when I was on the plane over here I sat next to Elder Smoot.  He lived in Box Elder and was a wrestler there until his senior year. He was in a bike accident and barely survived. His cousins wrestle at Box Elder, they're Nick Sorenson, Raxton Yates, and Brock Hardy. (jr. high)  In my area the high school is called the Thousand Oaks Lancers. That's pretty cool.  I feel kinda at home when I go by it.  Anyway I found out that my companion was just Trained by Elder Jackson, who has a girl friend in my dad's ward in Roy.  She is Angelica, one of the young women in my Sunday school class there. 

So this week we had lunch with some investigators. Ron and Jeanie, they made us roast, potatoes, corn, pie, and ice cream! We rolled out of the house so full! We didn't eat anymore that day.  Luckily we weren't scheduled for dinner with a member. Yesterday one of our recent converts, John Grund, didn't come to church. His mom is Marry an investigator. We went over to visit them after church.  John was upset because of his current situation. He basically told us about how he was set up and the courts are corrupted and it ruined his life. We had no lesson plan, but we told him how trials come to us and to make this short he can't do anything about that, so stop complaining and do something now. Elder Driggs was completely guided by the spirit on what to say, and at the end of the lesson John's attitude completely changed. We were able to help him and his mother Marry was there just watching. I know she felt the spirit was there and the lesson wasn't for her. 

I read a talk this morning by Elder Bednar, it is called 'Things as they really are'. It is so straight forward and helpful. EVERYONE IN SOCIETY SHOULD READ THIS!!!!! take the time for the Lord and read it, it would be good for a Sunday thing.     

On Monday, November 18, 2013 1:05 PM, 
This week was very interesting, I went on splits with the zone leaders, the traveling trainers, and a blitz with Elder Watt. On Wednesday I was with Elder Eastman, we spent the whole day, it seems wandering, and no one we planned for was available. That morning we studied in Doctrine and Covenants, and read about Elders who needed to get to Saint Louis. They traveled quickly there on a river and the Lord corrected them to slow down and help people in the area. They made their way slower and met up with other Elders. Then they arrived in Saint Louis exactly when they needed to. This is what happened with Elder Eastman and I, we wandered and talked to a few people. Then we prayed and asked for guidance, we felt that we should return to the first area we were in for the day and talk with a woman who said we could come back later. On the front porch of the house next door was a young man who recently graduated from high school. His name was Daniel and we taught him the Restoration. We were talking for an hour and a half, we gave him a Book of Mormon and the Bible. We told him that as he comes to know the truth of our message that he will have a desire to be baptized, and then invited him to do so. He said yes, and was excited to read and learn. This whole day was for Daniel.  I learned that with patience and trust in the Lord,  He will guide and bless us.
That same day my companion Elder Driggs was with Elder Bate, they had an unexpected lesson with our investigator Marry. Our plan was to let her know that we were slowing down the visits and let her develop a desire to know the truth for herself. They told her that and she understood why. Last night just before bed John ( Who is Mary's son ) sends us a text. He said Mary came to him and they read out of the Book of Mormon. She expressed her desire to be baptized to him!  I thanked the Lord after hearing this and felt more joyous for her than I can remember.
I only get an hour a week to do Email, it takes most of my time to read them all and write to my mission President. I might not respond but if you send me letters in the mail I have a better chance at writing you back.



No comments:

Post a Comment