Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman



Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:16

Hey everyone how are you all doing??? Well I'm doing great!  This week was unfortunately my last week in Englewood! it is kind of a bitter sweet moment for me because the ward wasn't the best but I made the most of it!!! But ya they are actually changing the Zone Leader area to Dayton so my area won't be an area anymore!!! So if you sent me something in the last couple of days chances are I'm not going to get it!... sorry

Well this week was cool we got do alot of things like help baptize a 70 year old man in a wheel chair with one leg who was from Scotland and it was so funny to hear his accent but the spirit was so strong in the room it was amazing... so that happened and another cool thing that happened was we went to this awesome Steak house called the "Buck Horn Tavern" which is so amazing... a member was like get anything you want so I got a 25 dollar new york strip ha ha ha he is loaded rich so I just went for it ha ha ha but ya we had a good time!!!

This week we were also able to go to the hospital to give someone a blessing and help him out.   When I was standing in the hall this lady came up to me and asked if I was a Jehovah Witness? and I looked at her and laughed and I said "Oh, no, sorry I'm with the true church" but she was like a way friendly lady so she laughed and said well my husband is really sick and I was wondering if you guys could come talk to him and so we went in there and talked to him about the church and gave him a blessing also and just had a way powerful lesson!  It was awesome... after we left I was like we should just go hang out at the hospital more often ha ha... 

But it was funny that Nicholas guy I told you about came with us to the hospital with us and when we walked in he tried a pick up line on this cute nurse because it was Valentines day! and it was so funny we were just messin' with each other all day so I totally screwed it up for him and I went up by the nurse and was like "sorry Nick we are already valentines" and she got all super red and stuff kinda like how Heidi goes red but it was so funny he was so mad! but it made my Valentines not that bad after all!

Well that is about all that happened this week I loved being here but it's time to go I guess so don't write me untill I get my new address so ya talk to you all next week love ya!
Elder Beckman

Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:28

Hey everyone!!! Well it's good to hear from all of you I love getting all of your emails even though I may not always write back but I still enjoy reading them!!! 
So I am now in Fairfield OHIO and that is right out of Cincinnati and it is pretty sweet!  It is alot like Kaysville you could say!!  But when we walk through the neighborhoods I feel like I am walking around back home it is weird all of the houses are the same and so ya thats pretty fun but people are kind of mean here so ya I'm trying to loosen them all up ha ha!!  It will take time but I've got nothin' but time so ya ha ha!!  My new Companion is Elder Coughlan... He is from Firth, Idaho ha ha and yes he is a potato Farmer!  But he is sweet!!   He played like every sport in high school and is just a way chill kid to get along with!!!  But ya he was Elder Tavakes companion not too long ago so it is fun being with him!  And yes, I am still a Zone Leader, over the Cincy West Zone!!!

Well in Fairfield it is kind of weird!  There is alot of African people here! For some odd reason there is like a million people from Ghana so like half of our ward is from Ghana and they are all sweet!!  Our ward mission leader is from there and served his mission there and is the coolest guy ever!   He is way big into soccer so when I met him it was a good connection and he is sweet!   I will have to send pictures!  But like half the people we teach are from Ghana ha ha ha but ya I don't really know why they are all here but they are!!! But ya they just baptized this guy named O'lter.  He is from the Micronesian Islands, ha ha ha but he is just so converted to the gospel it is awesome and he is now going to get his family back home into the church and just all of this way sweet stuff!!  I will have to send home a video of him talking its so funny!!!

Well this week has been cool!  Sorry I don't have much to say but next week I will have a bit more to say and something to talk about!!!  But I love being in Fairfield it is sweet but ya my Address is 11651 Norbourne Drive Apt. 216 Cincinnati OHio 45240
I love and miss you all!!! keep smiling and have an awesome week!!!
LOVE
Elder Beckman 

No comments:

Post a Comment