Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Elder Riley Harris





Jan 16, 2014


Other than that our week has been pretty normal. We dropped Michael because he has stopped talking to us and answering our texts. We've started helping this kid Marquise find a job by getting him involved with the church quick start job program, and we got back in contact with Justin and Tyler. Well Elder Orme has because he's a jock from high school but still we're back on track with them. So all in all I feel that it's been a pretty good week.

I just posted a picture on the cloud of how cold it was this morning. I'm not sure if you've seen it but it was 18 degrees! We had snow flurries and everything. The best part was that since they knew that bad weather was coming all the kids got to start school late. Also since it started to snow they let school out early. It's ridiculous! I remember having to dig a spot for my tires to touch the road just to get to school and these kids get out if there's any snow period! We get a good laugh out of it.

Haha I read dad's story about Rachel Neilsen. It was hilarious! She is a fun little girl to mess around with. They actually sent me a baptismal invitation to her baptism forever ago. I sent her a letter saying that I was happy for her and that she wouldn't regret it. Basic stuff but still thought it was cool that I got an invitation! Mike's kids coming into work was one thing that made working at Neilsens fun.

Dec 30, 2014

Mom,
It was great to see yall this week! I am glad we got to talk for 2 hours instead of just the 45 like we have in the past. Plus I got to take part in y'alls new toys! That was pretty cool! It's not often I get to do that. Plus we got it's fun to see most of the family aside from random comments made haha.

Good things are going to happen this week. I can just feel it. We have dinner with a less active part member family. This family we haven't really been able to get in the door with at all. Their daughters think we're funny and the coolest elders to show up lately (mostly because the over all coolest baptized half the family). We were even asked to share a lesson with everyone! It was so cool! I really do feel that we got in because of the service that we pushed for. We wanted to help them and we showed up with rakes and trash bags saying we're here to help. Service really is awesome!

Dec 23, 2013

This week we got to try and see Michael. I say try because it didn't happen. We were going to see him then the member who was going with us got sick so we told him we couldn't make it. He wasn't too happy. He kept saying something about being attacked spiritually by the devil. Well that's what we were able to gather from the texts that we couldn't understand. Something about ET phone home and calling all elijahs... It was weird. He came to church though so that's awesome! He also talked about taking part in a catholic church bleeding with a bottle of koshier wine... not sure what that is but if you know I wouldn't mind you filling me in :)
We also got to go to a couple of members houses for dinner. They gave us some gifts which was crazy! one member told us to wait till christmas and the next one, which is one of my favorite families in the ward, gave the apartment a waffle maker! It was so much fun.
Last night we were at the Quintana's, the family who gave us the waffle maker, and we just sat around talking the whole time. Bro. Quintana is a dummer :) so we have this weird, quirkey connection, and Sister Quintana is a nurse. So funny all the things I can talk about with their family. Well we talked for a while then she gave us this box and said that she is sorry for the hot pink color. It was really funny. We had a great time with them.
Finally the last thing we had this week was the Christmas party. We had a talent show that we got to take part in. Our zone did the Haka like from forever strong, and then we helped a sister who was making a spoof song about sisters from the tangled soundtrack. I would have recorded it but President was very strict on not taking video. LAME! It's all good though. We also got to watch Ephriams Rescue. It was a pretty good movie. It wasn't the best done church movie, but the story it tells is awesome! It's about Ephriam Hanks rescuing the Martin Handcart Company. It's like what happened during 17 Miracles. I'd say it's worth watching.
Now as for what's going on in the world. WHAT?!? That's just crazy! EVERYTHING happenes while I'm on my mission I swear. A tv show grows, dies, and makes a moral stand, the law changes for the worst, and then all the parties! Why do I miss out on all the fun? haha Jokes but it's still crazy. It just goes to show that Utah won't be uneffected by the calamities of the world leading up to Christ's coming. You can say that the Mormon bubble just got a small whole poked in it.
So on Wednesday we should be getting on skype around 12. I have the account written down so I can just jump on. I'm so excited to see yall! It's gonna be so great! It really feels like forever since I called yall. The way the space out the calls is terrible. I shouldn't complain though since I'm calling in like 2 days.

Love Riley.



No comments:

Post a Comment