Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Elder Colton Price



So I got transfered to Cincinnati Ohio, in the Cherry Grove ward. It is a fantastic ward from the little I have seen of it so far! I am with Elder Berman and he has been out for 20 months so far.
I can't believe that I hit my year mark this Thursday!! I feel like I just left.

So this whole week has been filled with cold, and with meetings.
Monday we had preparation day and we weren't allowed to proselyte outside if we didn't have appointments because of the -25 degree windchill. So not a whole lot of missionary work went on that day.
Tuesday we were asked to be careful when we went outside, so we baked some cookies and took them to less active members houses and checked up on all of our investigators. Wednesday we had transfer calls and Elder Waite and I had some appointments so that day was pretty good.
Then on Thursday we had transfers which, including travel time, went from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Then after the transfer meeting I found out that Elder Berman and I have another meeting that night with the stake presidency, President Porter, and a few bishops from the stake. that went from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm. I didn't even have time to unpack my stuff that night! :)
Friday we, Elder Berman and I, went to a meeting with a few other missionaries at the mission home and that lasted from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (not including travel time)
So needless to say it was a busy past week and I am kind of meetinged out! I can only imagine how you feel dad :)
  
It was so much fun listening to President Porter and seeing his vision for the mission. He is an inspired man to say the least. One of the things that he is really focusing on is developing spiritual power in the missionaries so we can teach with the spirit, and develop faith like the ancient prophets had.
Nephi and Lehi (not the ones that sailed the boat) taught the Lamanites and the Nephites with such power and authority it was not possible for the people to disbelieve their words. That is the power that we are trying to develop.
I studied today trying to find out how such faith is developed and how one follows the spirit to be able to perform miracles, and the spirit really made prayer stick out.
Prayer is the way that we find out Gods will for us. It is a way that we can feel the spirit no matter where we are. So I got thinking that prayer is the tool that we have been given to help teach us what the Spirit feels like so we can look for that same guiding feeling in our daily lives. We are taught to let the Spirit direct our prayers, and if we can do that successfully then we have the ability to let it guide our lives. I testify that we have the right to constant guidance from the Holy Ghost.

I want you to know that I know that God is real. Any doubts that I have had have been erased by the spirit. By that same Spirit I know that Christ is the Messiah. He is real and He lives. His Atonement works. I am so grateful that He volunteered to help us all. I love my Savior. I testify that Joseph Smith, the humble farm boy, saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. He spoke with and was taught by them. I am grateful that he was worhty to restor this true church and all that is associated with it. I know that Thomas S Monson is the prophet today. This is the living reality of Gods plan. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. amen.

Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment