Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sister Syndey Burningham



Hey Everyone!

So great to hear about all that is going on back home.  I just have to start this email by updating you on transfers, there weren't any huge changes in the mission but I did get a new companion.  She served in Oak Ridge, so we have that in common because that was my first area too.  Her name is Sister Macall Weight from Provo, Utah.  She is 19 and so amazing.  She went to high school with my last companion so it's just so fun when we all get to see each other.  She wants to work hard and she is now a sister training leader with me so we're kind of getting her used to that and we will start our exchanges tomorrow for the transfer, she will be such a blessing to those that we exchange with.  She is HILARIOUS.  So she's sort got a lot of struggles right now.  She was riding her bike in Oak Ridge and she got hit by a car and broke her hand but she gets her cast off in 3 weeks!  Next week she has to get  root canal but she'll be okay and she actually has had hives for about three weeks because she was allergic to the medicine they gave her for her tooth hurting so bad.  But don't worry she has met so many people and everyone is loving her.  She's seriously amazing.  Not sure how I keep getting so lucky with companions.  The Lord just keeps on blessing me with them.  They have become some of my best friends.
*******************
Okay, I just have to tell the story about Misty Ramirez due to some news I received from my Mom this morning.  So back to the beginning:  When Sister Turner was here we tracted into Misty and Victor, her husband who is a member and has been for about twenty years, he's been very inactive.  We met them and they were so prepared to come back.  So we taught Misty all the lessons and I have such a love for her and Victor, she was ready to be baptized but then Victor's work took them to Kentucky and we didn't lose contact but we weren't sure what to do.  She has decided to have her baby up there, which is due in April, it's a baby boy!  So to make a long story short we referred her to the missionaries in Kentucky, and I was feeling pretty sad about the whole thing, I couldn't figure out why she couldn't just stay here and it all work out the way we had planned.  But we know the Lord has a better way, He always does.  I found out this morning that Elder McCade Tracy from our home ward is now teaching Misty.  It's really a little miracle and I'm so grateful that the Lord knows His children and knows what is best, we just have to trust in Him.
**********************
There's a quote I was reading from a conference talk by Elder Gerald Causse.  You know I love these quotes from our general authorities.  But it really hit me.

"I bear witness that no one is a stranger to our Heavenly Father.  There is no one whose soul is not precious.  With Peter I testify that God is no respecter of persons."

The more I meet people I do, and learn of their stories, their struggles and what they believe, the more I love them and come to want salvation for them.  No matter where any of us are in the world, there is someone we can share the gospel with.  It's not as hard as we make it out to be.  I'm so grateful for my family and for the gospel, they are the most important things to me and I know that that's the way Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ wanted it to be.  This is Christ's church, I know that to be true. 

Keep on Keepin' on I love you all so much thank you for everything!  Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Sister Burningham

No comments:

Post a Comment