Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Elder Seth Garner





Elder Seth Garner's Letter:

I can't quite explain how I am feeling right now. There is something about being a missionary that never gets old. Sometimes I feel like things couldn't possibly get any better, but then they somehow do. The unforgettable feeling from the Spirit is the same for me every time, it's amazing and it just never gets old. I have been blessed to have this feeling multiple times on my mission, and it is the most indescribable feeling I have ever felt. It has got to be one of the best things about being a missionary! I thank the Lord for allowing me to feel this Spiritual witness time and time again, which only strengthens my testimony and gives me a greater desire to share what I know.

Anthony Mwereru was baptized on Saturday, December 28th, at 10:00. There were so many people at the service who were there to support him in his decision! Brother Lythgoe was able to baptize him. Elder New and I were the witnesses. As soon as he came back up out of the water, that same feeling that has resonated in my soul had returned, letting me know that Anthony's life had changed forever in the most positive way imaginable. I felt the same feeling as I helped Anthony be confirmed a member of the church and receive the Holy Ghost. When I first met Anthony, he was a very humble, happy man, with a bright countenance. When I saw him the day after his confirmation, his countenance had changed completely, going from happiness, to complete joy, which comes only from living the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Anthony's wife and two boys attended the baptism. I know that they felt the Spirit as they watched their dad be baptized. It was a very tender moment, especially for his wife Kim. We have plans to begin teaching her and the two boys soon, so that they can receive the same blessings as Anthony. God is good... Sometimes I wonder how I was so blessed to be here at this time, and help in the hastening of the work of Salvation. IT IS SO GREAT!

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year! I still can't believe that it is 2014... Holy smokes, that makes me feel sick... Little too fast, if you ask me! Anyways, I will be having a wonderful New Year's Eve inside my apartment tonight! President asked all the missionaries to be in early. I don't even know if I could stay up until midnight anymore! 10:00 rolls around every night and I feel like a zombie.
Love,
       Elder Garner

PS) "Merry Christmas Mr. Potter!"
   "... And a happy New Year to you too... IN JAIL!"
Couldn't help but think about "It's a Wonderful Life" this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment