Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman



Hey yall whats up??? Well this week was transfers and,  yes,  I got transfered to Dayton, Ohio, and I'm in the Englewood Ward!!! But I have some other big news!!!....... I got called to be a Zone Leader!!!!!!!!! at only 6 months too! So ya that is pretty exciting... not gonna lie, except I feel super young and out of place but it will all work out!!! But it is sweet I am being trained to be a ZL by an Elder Barnett.  He is from Ogden, Utah, and he is ok so far.  He is super quiet and I don't know if he doesn't like me or maybe we are still just figuring each other out or what but ya it's going good, just slowly!!!  But for those of you who know Connor Clay at Viewmont, Elder Barnett is like his twin, that's how you would describe him! But ya he is Training me and he has been awesome so far!!!

So we are in the Englewood Ward but our area is super ghetto as in super ghetto like a bunch of gang bangers walkin' around and doing what ever black people do at night.. ha ha ha.. but it's funny because they call our Area, EngleHOOD, in the mission because it is so ghetto.  Even president refers to it as that sometimes, ha ha ha, but it is a pretty fun area so far and the people are all really nice and like us!!!  But something cool is Elder Wells from Fresno, California, is in my zone!!!  He is a Spanish Elder and is Bailey's friend and was in Bev's seminary class!  But ya, he is sweet we got to go play soccer with him and his comp and the Spanish Branch last Saturday morning which was awesome to be able to play again!!! ahh i miss that but it was fun...

Well, Sunday we had a meeting with the stake president and President Porter and it's a meeting where we go over the numbers of how the stake is doing and what we are doing to improve the numbers from month to month and its pretty fun because President Porter just ripps us appart after the meeting which gets us stoked to go out and do more work!  But this meeting was scary becuase they are like "Elder Beckman.... what do you see in these numbers?" and I just sit there looking at like a book of spread sheets like Uhhhh.... then I give my imput, ha ha ha ha ha ha!   It was really scary but I gave all the right answers and president was impresed he said!!!  So that was fun, exciting and scary all at the same time!!!

But this week has been crazy with how much we are doing.... I love being out here though and I can't wait to help out our zone the best that I can! but ya just know that I love you guys and miss you all!!
LOVE
Elder Beckman

No comments:

Post a Comment