Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Elder James Hadley


February 17, 2014

Hi, today is the first day of a new change. I have a new companion, his name is Elder Rodríguez, he is from Northern Mexico, close to my other companion. He talks really softly, its hard to hear and hard to understand. But yeah, I'm excited to get to know him more. He is 26, so that's cool. 

So, before the first interview with the Mission President I was in his office looking at the pictures of all the Elders, and I knew straight up that Elder Ibarra was going to be my first trainer. I knew it without a doubt. And so, the first 6 weeks started. And really, they were so amazing. There were hard times, but when I think back it was such a fun and amazing time. Elder Ibarra and me got along extremely well. He said I was his absolute favorite companion of his whole entire mission. I don't know if that was way true, but yeah. we focused a lot and worked hard, but joked around a lot and had fun. I loved it. I hope that I can bond well with the rest of my companions.

So yeah, 3 months down. Which is 1/8th of the way done. It feels like I just started my mission, but also that I´ve been doing this forever, its the weirdest thing. I'm way excited to experience everything that is coming my way, and I´m excited to go home and start that part of my life too. Everything is just exciting.

Really, nothing is really that hard. I live in hilly mountain área, and running up hills and stairs can be the most exhausting thing ever. We had a gigantic cockroach in our apartment, and tons and tons of other stuff. The only thing that is hard for me is the whole time factor. But, I can focus on how great it is. Its exciting and discouraging how long it is. But really, I´m doing so great. I just need to take it a day at a time.

So, parents, I guess I never told you why I chose to come on a mission. In all honesty I didn´t want to go my whole entire life. Seriously, even when I was little and we sang I hope they call my on a mission, I always thought, nooooo! But, at Snow, I realized something very important. That I have seriously had the absolute best life anyone could ask for. I can´t think of anything that could make it better. Our family is so amazing, and parents, you have done sooooo much for me. I can´t believe how lucky I am. I have felt so much love my whole life, and I felt that I had to share it with people. I had too good of a life and I needed to try and help others. Also, our Ward and everyone in it, and my teachers, and my friends. All of them are the best. I seriously have the best friends ever. You´ve seen how close I am with all of them, its so great.

So yeah, I wanted to say thank you so much.

Love Elder Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment