Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman






Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:33:19 

UPDATE in the life of Elder Beckman


Hey everyone!! so this week has been a good one!!! I love being here in Cincinnati!!  It is so much fun!!  I am having so much fun here with all the awesome people of OHIO!!
So this week was really fun!!  We were able to do alot of things!!  So get ready for some stories!!
First!!! This last Thursday we went to see a less active who does yard sales for a living!  So she buys and sells crap on her front lawn and just has all of this crap out there!  So of course, when ever we go there we look around for any crap that we need!  But this time we went, she was moving out, so EVERYTHING was free!!!!  Ahh!! we were in missionary  heaven!  So.... I got a hammock and some old basketball cards and some plates and cups and some old books and just a bunch of crap that nobody needs ha ha ha!!  So now it is all back in our apartment!  But anyway she asked us to help her move that day, so we are in our white shirts and ties moving all of this crap and all of a sudden it starts to down pour rain!!!  So we are already soaked, so we just keep moving in our wet clothes for like 1 an half hours and holy cow!!! it was so fun ha ha ha!!  It was like that warm rain, but it was a way fun day just helping people out and not very much teaching!!  But honestly serving people on the mission is the best thing in the world and I love it so much!!
Next story was me going down to Hillborro, Ohio!!  So this place is in the middle of no where and there is a set of missionaries there that just have no clue how to talk to people!  So I went down there for the day and helped them out a bit!!  But it was so fun!!  Everyone down there is as redneck as you can get!!  But they are all so sweet!!  We basically just walked around town all day and just had a grand ole time talking to people!!  But it was so hot that day, I was dying!!  But I love being able to go into a new area and just talk to random people that i will probably never meet again!!!  That is the best!
So we are working with this couple Deanna and Anthony and they have been coming to church the last couple of weeks and we were trying to set a date for baptism, but they don't want to get married yet, so it has been a struggle to set a date with them!!  But this Sunday we had a way cool miracle happen!!  So the third hour of church they taught the whole ward how to use social media and technology for missionary work and we knew this just did not apply to them at all, so we were kind of freaking out a little until we thought they could just go meet with bishop instead!!  So we set it up on the spot and he was able to talk with them for like an hour and when they came out the first thing they said was that they wanted to get married in August!!  HECK YA!!!! Bishop has a real gift for talking to people and now they are just awesome!!  I hope they can last that long!!  But it will be exciting!  I will keep you posted!!
But I am so glad to be out here on a mission!  I absolutely love the work and I love the people here!!  I do miss home from time to time, but I know this is where I am supposed to be right now!  But I love you all and I hope you have an awesome week!  KEEP SMILING!!
LOVE
Elder Beckman 



                                                         This is the famous district!!


No comments:

Post a Comment