Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman





Mon, 7 Jul 2014 12:09:23


Whats up everyone!! How are you all doing??  I just wanted to give you all an update for me and Elder Price for the week!!  It has been a fun one and we are just loving being here in Cherry Grove.  I love it here and it is just the greatest ward ever!!  We have meals every night and they are all with young couples who are just way legit and love the missionaries!!
So this week we went to Western Hills for MLC and it was awesome we sat downstairs of Presidents house and just had an awesome 8 hours of mind blowing discussion!!  But it was a lot of fun seeing everyone again!  I loved talking with Elder Coughlan and Tavake again they are sweet but ya it was an awesome time!  But on the way home we have to drive through the City to get home and so we had an appointment cancel so that opened up an hour to do what ever we wanted!!! ;) ha ha ha YES!!!!  So, as we pondered all of the options of what we could do in the city, we decided that we wanted to go over to Kentucky to take pictures of the river with Cincinnati in the background!!  It was so sweet!!  You will see pictures in the next email!!  But it was awesome, the City is so sweet!!  I love seeing all of the people there, but while we were there, we were able to talk to some people on the streets and we actually talked for a while with this one guy, ha ha ha I used a funny trick to get him to talk!!  So... I gave him my camera to take a picture of me and Elder Price and then instead of taking it back right away you just talk to him while he is holding it and just don't take it back right away and then we just stand there and talk and he cant go anywhere!!!  Ha ha ha it works great!!  I love it but he was a sweet guy!!  I got his info for the Cincinnati elders!  So mission accomplished! 


Next story was the 4th of July we were able to do another Chalk Drawing of the Plan of Salvation and a Huge Family Fan Chart and we were able to help people get started on their family history and just to talk to a lot of people which was sweet!  We got to meet a ton of sweet people and it was funny!!!  All of the old people at the park loved the family history stuff, so I love talking with the old grandmas they are hillarious!  But ya so that was our day and then we went down to the Ohio river to talk to more people setting up for the Cincinnati fireworks!! The Cincinnati fireworks are huge!  They are done on the river and people just line both sides of the river and they get some like 15 thousand people a year to watch and it is just nuts so we did that!!  And it was an awesome day!! I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY!!  Except for I was super trunky!  All I could think about was how most of you guys were at the park probably sitting under the Big Tree (our Spot) probably drinking DP and a subway sandwich or pizza or something but ya I miss that!! ha ha that is my favorite holiday but I did enjoy it our here too!!
But ya I love being out here and this upcoming weekend we have a baptism with Eddie Navone!!  He is an awesome 12 year old kid who's aunt is a less active and he loves coming to church and he is just awesome!  So we will have to send more pictures next Monday of it but ya i just want you all to know that I love being here in Cincinnati!!! The people are awesome and they just love the missionaries which makes it awesome to be here!! But I love this work and I know that I am supposed to be here!! I LOVE YOU ALL!




~KEEP SMILING~
Elder Zach Beckman

No comments:

Post a Comment