Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Elder Dallin Tracy



December 14, 2014 at 8:15:13 PM


Another fast week, that's for sure!  Because it was basically a half week, cuz we went to Iloilo for 2 days for the Christmas conference, so work wise, there was just a little, but it was a lot of fun this week haha!  And, we go back down next week for a meeting for the people that are training!!  So next week will be a little messed up too!  And this week is transfers!!  I shouldn't change anything, but our house mates will!!  Elder Dactutan has been here for 6 months, so he will probably be transfered!  
How was you Christmas Conference in Iloilo?
So fun, haha!!  President Aquino knows how to throw a party!  It was super fun, and I got to see some of my batch from the MTC, so that was cool.  I really enjoyed it, and I met and made some new friends in the mission!! 
Did you find the flip flop things you were talking about getting?
The rubber shoes?  Ya, I got a pair!   I'll send a picture of the other shoes!  They're about done, haha!!  But, I'm surprised they lasted this long, cuz they were super cheap shoes! 
Update on your investigators please…
Gaberil, James, Rodrick & Robert's baptism dates are still on for the end of the month?
So, Great news for Gaberil!  I gave him a blessing last lesson to help him fight the temptation to smoke, and we came this week and followed up with him!  And he said thank you, Elder Tracy, your blessing worked!  Wow that was the best feeling I've had on my mission!  He said he didn't even have a problem, and so now, he's a for sure baptism!!  We had to move it to Jan. 3rd cuz he's gonna be outta town the 31, but it's ok!! 
James: We couldn't meet with him and he didn't go to church, so I don't know about him? 
And we weren't able to meet with the others this week, so we're kinda worried! 
Do you go to the same family every week for family home evening?
No.  We have gone to a couple, but when we don't have a FHE, we go to the Abong family!   They're sweet!!   They're one of my favorites here!! 
How is the language coming? Are you feeling more comfortable and being able to converse with the people?
It's improving, that's for sure, but not close to where I want to be!  But this week, I started to lead and I'm gonna lead for the next 6 weeks, so when my training is over, I can do it all by myself!! So it's been a little hard this week, but that just cuz I'm doing more and trying to do more!  But i like it!
What was your high for the week?
Definitely our lesson with Gaberil!  That was straight up amazing!! 

What was your low, if any?
Just that James didn't go to church!!  I'm really worried for him 

Are you still breaking in to your own house? Can't you get another key made?
Haha!! Ya, we are gonna get one today, so hopefully we won't have to do that anymore!! Haha!! 
Awesome!!  I'll be looking for the packages and thank you for sending everything!  I really do appreciate it!  Ya, Christmas is weird here, that's for sure, just cuz it doesn't feel like Christmas at all!  But, sounds like the same back home!  When I get more information on skyping, I'll let you know!  I don't think the videos will make me home sick!  I'm doing good, but I'm excited to see it and see you guys!  That's awesome!!  Elle is starting!  I would love to see the pics! 
It blows my mind that my first transfer is already over!!  I love it here and I love this work!! Thank you so much for the packages and support!!  I love you guys so much!!
Elder Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment