Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Elder Zach Beckman




Mon, 5 Jan 2015 12:52:35

18 Months!!... Holy Cow

Hey Everyone!!  How are you doing??  Life has been great for me these last two months!  I am loving the work here, and I have made a lot of changes in my life, and it has been just an awesome week!!

So, this last week was New Years, and it was an awesome one... Except for the fact that I went to sleep at 10 pm!!  Ha ha ha!!  But I don't care!!  I was really tired, so I knocked out!  But in our mission, we had to be inside at 6 pm that night, so we didn't do anything stupid.  But it was really awesome because the mission president gave us this huge packet of paper to study and do basically home work for 2 days!  But it was awesome!!  It was all about looking back on our mission, and how well we have done, and how we need to do better, and it was basically like a 6 hour packet on Repentance!!  It was so awesome to go through that, because it really made a huge impact on my life, and it made me really re-think some things in my life, and where I want to go in life!!  But it really caused me to think a lot about it!  In fact, this last week was one of the hardest of my mission. I'm not really good about putting it into words or things like that, but I feel like my life plans have all of a sudden changed course, and it was something really hard to deal with, and it caused a lot of Crazy anxiety, and I was sick to my stomach for like 5 days!  But it was perfect timing, because we had Mission Leadership Meeting this last week and I was able to sit down with my mission president and talk with him about everything going on in my life, and just really get it all off my chest!  And it was such a good feeling to talk to him and to really get a good talk in with him!!  But I feel like a new person this last week, and it feels so good to not have all that on my mind anymore, and to be able to be back to 100 % on the work!!  So now that I am back to normal, it has been a great week!!

Sorry, there is not much info about that last story, but I don't know how to talk about it, so that's all ya get for now!  But this last week we also had Zone Fun day which was a blast!!   We were able to play some games with the zone and to have a good time playing all sorts of fun games!!  We played a lot of get to know you games because there are so many people in the zone, and it was fun!  We have so many "Different" kinds of people in our zone!!  It is hilarious!! Ha ha!!  So it is very interesting to see what people do in certain situations!!

Well that is about it for the week... sorry there is not much! Ha ha ha!!  I guess it is because not much happened this week!!  I will be more detailed next week, but know this... This week has been one that has really changed who I am as a person, and I will never be the same because of it!  I know that God has put me here in these situations to help me grow and "become the person that He wants me to be," and I know He does all of this because He loves me.  I know that Christ walks with me everyday, as long as I allow Him to be with me, and when I do that I can really feel His love and support in everything I do!!  I LOVE being a missionary, and I hope all of you can find ways to share the gospel with others around you!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!

~Keep Smiling~

Elder Beckman

No comments:

Post a Comment