Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Elder Dallin Tracy


                                     Elder Dallin Tracy in the Philipines!!


December 28, 2014 at 9:10:09 PM

Happy New Year!!


HEY,
READING CHALLENGE;  January 1 we will start on page 1 of the Old Testament, by Sunday we will be on page 21 of the Old Testament


This week has been a good one! of course because Christmas and being able to call home and talk to everyone! But we also had our branch Christmas party and the couple missionary's invited over our district for Christmas dinner!  A lot happened this week!!  It went by way fast, but every week goes by way fast!  That's great its snowed!  I kinda miss the snow, but we've had over cast for the past couple days, so its been a lot cooler, which is super nice!  Something I just learned is New Years is a lot bigger deal than Christmas here!!  I guess cuz everyone party's and drinks on New Years. Ha ha!! But every Filipino loves to do karaoke and they love to do it especially when there drunk, and on huge speakers so everyone can hear!! Ha ha(kinda hard to teach with that) 
That's scary!!  Elle driving!! Haha JK!!  But really, the biggest concern is just dad, when shes practice driving... 

Gabriel - Gabe went out of town this week but yes!! he's a sure baptism on Saturday!!!! And he has his interview on Wednesday and then we just need to prepare for it. I'm so excited!
James - We had a great week with James!!  We went on splits on Tuesday, so I was with the new (5 days new) elder and we went to James and I really followed up with him on everything about Church,...reading,praying,Word of Wisdom, and we talked about it, and then I asked him about his baptism, and HE set the date for the 24th of Jan!  It was a super spiritual lesson and I think it really got to him. I love James, cuz hes the one guy I truly can communicate with and understand, and I think he likes me cuz I'm American too!!  But then, he came to church too!  So it's looking good!!
Rodrick - He's made some great progress!  He's gone to church 2 times in a row and understands all we say!  He said he's made his final decision, but he won't tell us, but he seems happy about it... so I don't know if it's good or bad??  He's set for Feb 15!!
Robert - We didn't get to talk to him, but kinda some bad feelings,  So his dad is against him being baptized, but the wife is a member (recent convert)!!  She was like a golden investigator, but I guess they got in a little argument and he hit her...so we really don't know how to go about it, cuz if she pushes him she might get hurt!!  So we are gonna try and talk to the dad. 
How did you branch Christmas party go? - Super good!!  Our branch has zero budget, so it was kinda hard, and we really only planned one day, but it turned out great and super fun, cuz everyone just brought a dish of food and we divided the other stuff!  I sent a lot of pictures!! 
Were the members able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas?- Ya, we've had some good with this because some single adults asked if they can come work with us, which is great and really helps us out!
 Elder Tracy at the Ward Christmas Party
                       Elder Tracy always attracts the girls!!

How is your cold? Are you feeling better?- Ya, I'm good its almost gone, just a runny nose, but okay!

We went on a split so I can practice really leading everything in our area, and it went actually really good!  We are gonna do it like once a week, but I'm excited for it!  And also, the Traveling AP's came to Hamtic this week and went on splits with the other elders, and they checked our apartment. but the day before the house owner came and changed curtains and cleaned all the windows and picked up, so we got like a perfect score!! Haha!! 

-MOM so Elder Tolentino's mom does this thing and i think its super cool so...she prints off every weeks letter and builds a book of the letters and so you can see the growth and like change over the 2 years!!  I know its a little late, but I think it would be super cool if you could go back and put it together, and maybe even Cades! 
-Can you send me the slush recipe??  I know it's easy, but I don't know...
-I still remember all the digits of PI!! Haha it was part of this girls homework!! Haha!!
-I found this homemade peanut butter!  It is so much better then normal stuff!!
For the next package, it doesn't have to be soon, it can be in a while, like with my retainer could you put in?
-Vivo fit wrist band thing, mine is just starting to break!! 
-The coconut chocolate cover nuts! 
-Cliff bars/granola bars ( I cant find anything like them)!!
  
Mom, you would love it here, cuz there is so much coconut stuff!! Haha!!  The word buko=coconut There is buko drink, buko salad, dried buko!!  It's so good! 
And I think it was Grandma Tracy, but thank who ever sent it, we use it everyday!! Haha!! 
It was great to talk to ya last week!! 
Love you all, and miss ya tons!! 
Happy New Year!! 
Elder Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment