Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Elder Brandon Wallis




Los Alamos is starting to explode! If you know the history of the place, it's one of the few sites for the Manhattan Project where they made the Atomic Bomb. Thankfully it's not literally exploding but the Missionary work here sure is! We have several investigators that are looking very promising. A few of them we're planning on inviting to baptism here pretty soon. The members up here are helping out a lot, and are getting more and more excited about Missionary work. Ferman and his wife Denice are two of our investigators that we're very excited about. We can tell that they have definitely been prepared to receive the Gospel. We also have some ancient investigators... Bob is 85, Bill is 89! Both of them are super nice and love having us over. Bob is reading and praying to know if he should be baptized. We have several other investigators that we're still getting to know and are trying to schedule times where we can teach them again. 
I testify that the field is white and ready to harvest. Not just in foreign countries or just here in New Mexico. Missionary work is happening everywhere! Including Utah! Every member a Missionary. That phrase has been told to the members of the Church for a few decades now. If you're wondering how you can help the Missionary effort, be a friend to a non-member. Invite them to hear the message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! Do it out of love, not out of duty. The primary characteristic of Love, is Loyalty. Jesus Christ is the head of this Church and He has inspired Prophets in these latter days to call His people to The Work. I know this Gospel is true. I know that it is the only way to find TRUE HAPPINESS in this life, and ETERNAL JOY in the life to come. Share the message of the Gospel and the blessings that come with it because you love your fellow brothers and sisters. I have found this to be the best motivating force in Missionary work. Love. I love this Gospel, I love my Family, I love my spiritual Brothers and Sisters. I want to do my best to help them find the blessings and joy that come from the knowledge of the Restoration. I leave my testimony and witness with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Wallis


No comments:

Post a Comment