Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Elder Zach Benard


How to strengthen families and how I can help, was a question asked for a lesson from mom and here was his answer.

When people are struggling in their relationships or with their families, we ask them if they are praying and reading the scriptures together. Most of the time they say no and we tell them that God can't help them have a better family if they don't tell Him that they are struggling and need help. Then we say He will give you ways to help your family and give you answers through the Book of Mormon. We then invite them to pray and read together and tell them we'll follow up with them.

I think always being there for family home evening was how I helped, even though somedays I didn't like the family, I still knew it was important so I joined in. In a way, it was like a “set appointment” for me.

He related to us, in answering a question from Sister Green about his favorite scripture, that it is Mormon 9:21 - “Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever;he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.” “At least that's the one I chose out of 3 other ones...I just can't say I have a favorite scripture yet because the whole Book of Mormon is great and now I love it, so I don't know what my favorite verse would be but my favorite story is the Alma the Younger story and how he made a change from bad to good and helped being people to Christ.”

He was recently transferred to Ashland so he is just getting started since he and his companion were transferred new into the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment