Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Elder Riley Harris







Riley is doing great!! We are so proud of him. He has been transferred a lot through his mission and he finds that frustrating as he feels he has had the opportunity to open many doors but not able to finish the work he has started, leaving it to other missionaries who come behind him. We keep telling him that he has planted the seed and that's what matters. We are proud of him and have seen much change in him over the year that he has been out. There have been a ton of changes in his area including a new mission president, President Richard Hanks (son of Marion D. Hanks), and several new missionaries. This past week alone, they received 32 new missionaries. Each mission is expected to reach 250 missionaries each. That's up about 100 -125 missionaries per area. It's exciting!! I love this kid!! I think you will be able to get a glimpse as to why. Here are some excerpts from his letters over the past month as well as his new address...again.

 June 26, 2013 I think that it's awsome that you are doing so well at your job. I am so glad that you are somewhere that you not only love working, but also can take part in this work. It's so amazing and it's so true!!!! I can't express enough how true it is. In my studies in the morning I keep finding things that prove it's true. I can't doubt it becuase it's all right there in black and white. Also President Holzapful has been going off on how we are the only church that actually believes that our families can be together forever. Everyone believes otherwise but the churches they attend don't! They also believe that heaven is where we go and do nothing but sing praises to Jesus all day for all eternity. President Holzapful has said, "That's the very deffinition of Hell!" I can't agree more. We can become so much more! It all just makes sense!

July 8, 2013 We got to meet our new mission president this week. He seems like a really great guy! I loved one of the quotes he gave. It was if you were convicted of being a christian, would there be enough evidence. That one really struck a chord with me. It is such a good way to really think of life! 

July 15, 2013 So I heard some big news when it comes to missionary work... by the end of the year we are getting Ipads!!!! Yep We will be able to teach lessons and stuff with I pads and I phones. It will make things so much easier because we will be able to carry our area book, ward roster, scriptures, and videos all in a convinent tablet! There have been missionaries testing it and have actually been teaching lessons through skype to people. Like from here in the states to Australia! The big bug they are having is getting the missionaries in the area to the investigator. The work is definetly moving forward though! Well I'd better go. I love you Mom! I miss you tons! I also would like to let you know that I know this work is true. I know that this is Jesus Christ's church on the earth once again, and that it was restored through Joseph Smith. I know that both you and dad have tried to set the example in having us go to church and I will forever be grateful. I know understand why you both would get upset when we didn't go. It's the same way Heavenly Father feels when we don't go. I love all yall and I love the Lord with all my heart. God Bless!

July 22, 2013 This weeks been pretty good. As you saw from the pictures we got to light stuff on fire! totally against the rules, but when Sister May and Elder May say it's ok then we can do it right? It was a lot of fun! So yes I am being transferred again! I am really bummed this time too! We had just started making some serious progress with people and helping them be ready for baptism! There is this one lady named Kaycee. She is a newly wed, and has been taught for the past year. She keeps telling us that knowing if the church is true is a personal thing and when she feels she has done all the research to know if it's true then she will ask God. Totally backwards if you ask me so we decided to take a different approach this visit. We told here that we are really official representatives of the church so any questions she has she could ask us! We talked about the degrees of glory and how she felt like people could settle for a lesser kingdom because they would still be with Jesus or the Holy Ghost. We told her that if you were in a lesser kingdom that you would be able to have Jesus or the Holy Ghost visit you. The key word was VISIT. we also focused on how you would have that constant reminder that you could actually have better because of the visits from Jesus or the Holy Ghost. It helped her a lot and she has progressed a lot since then. We are really excited! David Lee decided to move his baptism. It will now be the 17th of Aug. He doesn't feel like he will be able to give up drinking and smoking for after baptism. We have got him to commit to going to addiction recovery classes to help him out with that. Hopefully it works. No it will work!

 July 25, 2013 Here's my new address 146 Commerce St. West Point, Ms 39773


I know that this Church is true and that Joseph Smith is the prophet God called to restore it. I also know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. I am grateful for the sacrifice that the savior made for all of us, and am especially grateful that I've been able to see it work in others lives. The biggest thing I know to be true is that this is NOT a dead religion. We are all called to work WITH the Lord as missionaries. The second coming is upon us and we are to get as many people prepared to meet him as we can. It's time to nut up or shut up and get crackin' on bringing your friends unto Christ. We are to uplift one another as well. I know that even though no one is perfect in there lives we can be made perfect through the blood of Christ. We are to LOVE our neighbors, bless them that curse you, pray for those that dispitefully use you. If we are not united how can we win the war between good and evil? I also know that the bible is true. Even though it is just dead words on dead trees written by dead people that it still is good to read. We shouldn't stop listening to the Prophet or others of Gods chosen servants though because they are LIVING SCRIPTURE! Just like our LIVING CHRIST! We shouldn't be like these other dead religions that just act like they are good people on Sunday then turn around and back bite, and do evil things just because it's not Sunday. We are to be Steadfast in Christ and try to live as he would live! The tomb is empty and Christ is coming. Be prepared. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment