Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Elder Brayden Evans







So I thought I would share an experience that I had this week.. After the conference in Guadalajara we were on our way back and we got stuck in the bus station with about a half hour wait.. As a missionary waiting for more than about 3 seconds to do anything you feel lazy so it was kind of hard. ha. I received a letter at the conference and while I was waiting I decided to open it.. It was from one of my converts in my last área. (The chubby lady if you look at the pictures I sent, I'm wearing a purple tie in her baptism picture) I had some of the most sacred experiences in my misión helping that woman receive a confirmation from the Holy Ghost and helping her overcome her problems.. She stressed me out, I think, more than any other convert I have had in my misión.. When I left I didn’t really get the chance to tell her good bye.. I was super excited when I got her letter.. I wasn’t really expecting what I got haha..

She bore one of the sweetest testimonies I have ever heard in my life.. She explained her story of how we found her and well.. Saved her life. She explained some spiritual experiences she had and how it was because of how we found her and loved her. She told me that she had never felt the type of love we showed her, and the type of respect she received as from us to her as a daughter of God. She wrote a whole paragraph of the type of man she sees me as and what time of father I’m going to be, and everything she learned and the gratitude she has from the gospel of Jesús Christ. 

I lost it, one of the few times in my misión that I have shed tears.. Sitting there in the middle of a bus station with everyone staring at me.. My companion looking at me like I was crazy. There isn’t really a feeling to describe when you see someone who really has changed.. Who has allowed the Savior to come into their life and become. I can’t explain to what it is like in words to know that you have been an instrument in the hands of the Lord to change a person and bring them into the góspel.. These type of experiences give you the energy to move on, to get up in the morning and keep working.. I’m really excited for my last six months to get started.

I love you guys
I pray for you guys every day



Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment