Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Elder Seth Garner


Elder Garner's Zone



Alright, so this last week was a little more strange. Not in a bad way! Since I am a Zone leader, I am able to go on exchanges with District Leaders and their companions. One of our District Leaders does Tagalog work, and another one does Spanish work. So I was able to do both Tagalog one day and Spanish another! Haha, it was such a cool experience! Never did I picture myself doing something like that on my mission. I was praying so hard for the Gift of Tongues! Even though I didn't understand a word that was being said, in each lesson that was being taught, I felt like I knew what they were talking about. I couldn't understand the words that they were saying, but the Spirit helped me to understand what was being said, and I was then able to bear my testimony about the things that were being shared, and I had the other missionaries translate for me. The Spirit was so strong in those visits. I also got fed some pretty weird food when I was working Tagalog! I can't wait to do that again this next transfer! By the way, I found out today that Elder Carey and I will be staying in PQ for this transfer, so that means that I will be killing another companion. Elder Carey is wrapping up his mission here! 


Love,
        Elder Garner


Hello! This last week has been pretty crazy busy! LOTS of driving. It seems like we have to drive down to San Diego or wherever for something at least every other day. This week though has been really good because we have had a couple meetings on how we can be doing better in our zone. Elder Haynie of the Seventy came to our stake a couple weeks back and met with us, the bishops, and the ward mission leaders, so that he could pretty much tell them what they need to be doing better. It was great!!! We have been implementing what he taught into our zone, as well as the things that we learned from our mission president this week. We had our zone meeting yesterday, which Elder Carey and I taught. It was good, because I think a lot of the missionaries in our zone are a little disappointed because of how this area has done in the past. But it is all about attitude! Are you willing, and do you have the faith? We got our zone pumped up, and we are going to reach our goals this month! Aaron Gadberry's baptismal date has been set for the 28th. He has been going through a lot of health issues, so we are going to continue to help and encourage him. Stinking medical problems seem to always get in the way! Oh well, the Lord works in his own time, and he knows when the time is right. I do know that whatever burdens we are carrying, if we remember the Lord, and pray always, then He will make our burdens light and easier to bear. Know that all will be well!



Love,
        Elder Garner










No comments:

Post a Comment