Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Elder Riley Harris



Elder Harris and Nu Nu at his baptism

Riley is doing awesome! He has been a little under the weather but it hasn't stopped him for working hard.  I am so proud of him and the testimony he has for the church.  I even got to talk to him at Missionary Medical a couple weeks ago as he was looking for a phone number for a different mission.  Don't worry, his mission president gave him permission and who am I to complain?  He sounds good and charged!! He is on the downhill slope now that we are past his one year mark and he is quickly realizing that his mission is rapidly ending.

He has had some great luck with investigators.  He even had a baptism a week and a half ago.  A little boy named Nu-Nu.  We are all very proud of him.  And we love all the y'all's we get with each letter.  He's my southern boy.
  




Mom,

Alright so Saturday was an interesting day. We started by going to Columbus to work with an investigator I was teaching my first go around in Columbus. The visit went well and they even provided lunch! From what it sounds like the mother, who is a member, wants elders because she says it's the only priesthood she ever has in her home since her visiting teachers don't come visit her. Luckily there will probably be elders there next transfer. It would be cool if I could go back but I can live without going back. Then we headed on our way back to West Point. West Point was a very interesting day. Luckily we had found Nu-nu after they got kicked out of their apt earlier this week. We got the font filled and the program made. Well the program we were up till 12 am making... Yeah that was a real pain. Anyway the Zone leaders dropped us off at the church and went to see some people here in west point while we got the font ready. The font is the size of a bathtub by the way... Luckily Nu-nu was small. Well Nu-nu gets there and puts his jumper on, and I changed to my whites. 6 pm rolls around and hardly anyone has shown up. They showed up five min late if not a little later for some. Even then some of the people we were hoping would come didn't. Even a member of the branch presidency who was going to preside said if he didn't have to come then he wouldn't. LAME! Well we got Nu-nu baptized and it went really well. Except for his mom recording the baptism... oops forgot to tell her no. One of the highlights for me was when we went back to change again Nu-nu said lets do that again! haha I love that kid. Well our awesome branch mission leader and his wife threw together a little party for Nu-nu after the baptism at their house. We had brownies and ice cream. Something simple but it made it even more special for Nu-nu. Well the zone leaders who had joined us for the party took us outside and told us that they had given another one of our investigators an interview and that she had agreed to be baptized on the 24th of august! That's this Saturday! She even came to church on Sunday which was another miracle. I felt bad about this one because I ignored a prompting but luckily the zone leaders got the same one and went over to her house. They gave her a blessing and she got dressed and came to church! It was amazing. There have just been miracles after miracles here lately. I'm lovin' it! like McDonald's :)

It's been crazy this week if you can't tell. I have also thought a little bit about how weird it is that everyone is starting school again. What the crap?!? I just can't believe it. I leave for a year and the kids think they can have a summer break and go back to school without me? haha It's gonna be weird to have Haley and Britt starting College with me. I was so used to being ahead of them. Now they just jump right up and finish High school. I agree with you about Mic though. I have been praying for her to get over her anxiety. Has Dad given her a blessing for it? I am sure it would help but it's up to yall. I can't really make that decision from here.

I love you mom! I miss you tons but can't believe how soon I will see all yall again! Bentley goes home in February, then Alec in March! I'll have 5 months after that! So weird. The rest of this year is just going to fly by.

Love,
Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment