Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Elder Zach Beckman


Elder Beckman with one of the wolf dogs


Hey Yall!!!
Well it was another sick week in Richmond INDIANA!! Me and Elder Tavake did alot of work and had alot of cool experiences!!
So we got a new investigator named Hope! she is 17 and has already read the whole Book of Mormon and has so many crazy questions!! So we meet with her every Tuesday at the library and teach her but this last time she was asking us about the whole how we become gods and a lot of deep doctrine and stuff like that and seriously the spirit was so strong in the lesson we just started talking about it and I can't even remeber what I said but it was awesome!!  I love when the spirit just seriously speaks through you!!  It's awesome to know that we really are just tools for the Lord to use in converting people ha ha but man i love the work and moments like that make me so happy you have no idea!
So remember that guy with the wolf dogs??? ya well he asked us if we wanted to go with him and help train them and I thought it would be at his house and stuff and just teach them tricks and stuff but nope!!.... we hopped in the car and drove out into the woods and we found out that they are search and rescue dogs in training so he said here take this walke talkie and go run!! ha ha so we just bolted off into the forest and they were going to come find us!! well it was SO cool you have no idea! the forest was like the sacred grove... just so beautiful and we saw a deer and all this stuff it was awesome but ya we just got to spend all morning in the woods with all of these dogs and stuff it was awesome!!  I love service now!!!
Well next story is another throwing up expierence!!  I swear the members here SUCK at making dinners!! Everyone here wants to feed us but the only problem is, is that we leave sick ha ha ha man but we went to this one members house, the Sharits, (they are hillarious) but they cooked hamburgers and coconut pie... the burgers were not cooked at all and holy cow when we left there I stood on the other side of the car and just blew chunks all over the side of the car door ha ha ha it was awful... the members here need to step up there game with the cooking ha ha!
Well Cinderella is improving alot actually!! She just got her divorce and is working toward getting baptized but last week we talked about temple marriage and that whole thing in church and she was really amazed and asked so many questions about it ha ha ha it was way sweet but she still needs to leave that boyfriend of hers!  Holy cow he is a loser!!  All he does is sit at home and watch tv while she works!!  Man it pisses me off! o ya and holy cow like half of richmond is on the dissability and gets their monthly checks and holy cow all of that money goes to drugs man it bugs me so much to see where all of our money is going!! ahh it kills me!
Don and Dezzy the two sisters have basically fallen off the edge!! :( their mom has been keeping them from church and stuff and they don't want to go anymore its really sad!!  They were progressing so well.  I hope that one day the mom will wake her game up and change and encourage them to go to church but man i just wanna go over there and slap her ha ha you have no idea how frustrating it can be!
Well the work is going great my testimony is growing by the day!!  I love it out here and man its cool to watch peoples lives change for the better.  I love that feeling! but I just want all of you to know that I love this gospel and I know that it can change your life... only if you let it change you!  But  I love you all and have An AWESOME REST OF THE WEEK
KEEP SMILING!!
Elder Beckman

No comments:

Post a Comment