Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Elder Fisher







Hey everybody! Lets see, what's to say? Not a whole lot actually, just going through the routine now of being an assistant.  It's weird that I'm finally getting the hang of things now that I only have 2 more weeks... weird. Lately we had a Mission Tour with Elder Ardern from the Area Presidency here in the Philippines. We even had a short private meeting with him. One thing I learned though is "It's not how much you go through The Book of Mormon, it's how much the Book of Mormon goes through you." Anyone can just read The Book of Mormon but it's a whole other matter when you take the time to prayerfully ponder the messages that lay within. I testify yet again of the truthfulness of The Book of Mormon being the word of God and encourage all to take a moment to listen to the words He has prepared for you.
Another thing that's been happening lately is preparations for the upcoming transfer, yet again Elder Yambot and I went through with President Tye on the potential of the Cavite Mission and it's missionaries. I'm super excited for the future of this mission, President Tye is an amazing leader! I on the other hand have 2 weeks to train my replacement as Assistant to the President, his name is Elder Oakden and he his 3 times the missionary I am! 
In other news my Cousin just returned home from his mission! It's so weird that he is no longer "Elder Kasten". Weird to think that likewise I'll be the same, I just hope that my Stake President decides to take a vacation so I don't get released.. Anyways I'll upload some more pictures from our day in Tagaytay last month, Elder Oakden is the one wearing the "Beaver Football" shirt btw. Well till next week! (if there's time)
Much Love! 
Elder Fisher



No comments:

Post a Comment