Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Elder Bremen Acord




Hey family!!!
It was a pretty good week this week. It flew by. All this traveling and stuff as Zone Leader is making the time seriously fly. We had an awesome zone conference in Mindelo this last week. We gave a pretty awesome training actually, on the most boring topic ever. I was pretty proud of us. The training was on how to use the tree of life, a tool we use to get references from investigators that are just about to get baptized. It's just a paper with a picture of the tree of life and we read 1Nephi 8:10-12 with them and have them share the fruit with their friends and family. It's a training that has been done a million times... but we made it awesome. I dressed up life Nephi and it was just great, the President and his wife just ate it up, they were laughing hysterically the whole time. I don't know if anyone actually really learned anything, but nobody will ever forget that training. Expecially the sisters... wow, I think they actually thought I was Nephi. I got a lot of crap for it from everyone after hahaha it was fun though. I'm definitely a lot less nervous giving trainings and talking in front of people now though. Things are going good though, the area is doing good, we didn't really handle things super smart here though and when we had those 9 baptisms, we didn't spend too much time finding new people and we spent a lot of time doing trainings and meetings with the bishop and other leaders to strengthen the ward, which is going to be awesome in the long run. The ward now has goals and plans for everything, and they didn't have anything before. We got a new bishop and we have been working super well together and things look great for the ward, our area is just a little bit slow all of the sudden cuz we haven't focused enough on finding, and we are traveling a lot. We go to Praia this Wednesday until Saturday, so we will have to do some serious finding for the days that we are actually here. This morning I did just about the stupidest thing ever... we live on the second floor of our appartment, and we were walking home with our groceries and after dragging all of our groceries through the blazing heat over a mountain to our house, we finally got to our door. My com has the keys, so I set my case of 6 liters of milk on the balcony railing... I reached to grab the bags from my comp, so he could open the door.... and ya you can guess what happened... the 6 liters of milk fell 2 stories to the bottom floor of our apartment and they all exploded. I cried. over spilt milk. Everythings is going really goood here though. I will write a letter home this week, I haven't done that in a while. Sorry... I like study every time I have free time now. I am still studing the crap out of D&C. It is sweeet! I also read Thomas S. Monsons Biography and I'm reading the Miracle of Forgiveness right now. Thats pretty much my life though. I hope all is well for all of you back at home. Everyone is starting a new year of school which totally maked everyone seem so much older all the sudden. I miss you guys a lot. Have a good week though. I love you!!!

Love,
Elder Acord

No comments:

Post a Comment