Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Elder Dallin Lambertsen




Tuesday, September 23, 2014

One month down!

Family and Friends,

This week was pretty usual. We had Zone Conference on Tuesday. President Forbes' main focus was on how we can work with the members on missionary work and how we can work with less actives. Which is something our area really needs.

After Zone Conference I went on an exchange with Elder (KC) Roose who was working as a cashier at Target last September and says he knew Joe and saw him all the time. Anyway, the exchange was in Hudson, Wisconsin. We mainly went tracting and met some interesting people. We met a man named Mike who was a member of the church growing up and to quote Elder Roose, he "drank like a fish, and smoked like a train". He was pretty willing to talk and we probably talked for about an hour. His wife came home while we were talking and took a pass along card and told us she wanted us to come back and straighten her husband out. :)

As for my area. We are slowly getting the pendulum moving. We met with a couple families this week and there is definitely potential with them, but I don't want to get too excited. A lot of this past week was dedicated to finding. We did a lot of tracting. We met a guy in Woodbury who thought we were Jehovah's but we quickly clarified. He told us that he was looking to go back to church. He just didn't know which one was the one that was recently built down the street form his place (talk about the Great and Abominable church. I'll send a picture of it soon) but we quickly gave him a restoration lesson and a pass along card with the address of the church. Sadly, he didn't show up. Speaking of church, they did finally hunt me down on Tuesday and I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday. In the middle of my talk the high councilman that was there got up and walked out and I had no idea what to do, but as I finally started concluding, he walked back up on the stand. Also, there wasn't any bread so we had an extra-long sacrament hymn while we waited for it.

Not too much happened this week but we are picking up on what this area needs. Hopefully I will have some good stories for next week!

Oh, and my mailbox has been extremely empty, what's up with that?

Elder Lambertsen



No comments:

Post a Comment