Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Elder Dallin Stout







Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM

This week


     Well last Monday I saw Bob, my investigator from Santa Barbara! He was drunk out of his mind, beat up and homeless. I think he had a friend take him up here since he lives in Lompoc. We got a local bishop to take him to a shelter but ended up getting him a motel room for the night. 
     Tuesday, we had President interviews and also watched "Meet the Mormons" which was really cool! 
     Wednesday, we took Chris Young, a recent convert, and his wife to a lesson with Juan and Shilo. We talked about Eternal families and the temple. We related it to baptism as our first covenant to follow Jesus and invited them to take that step and Shilo said yes! The Youngs shared their experiences, testimonies and connected with them. 
     Thursday, we saw Naomi, she has been stressed because her husband just got out of jail and went back to drug abuse and cheating. He turned himself in this same day. I felt to opened my Book Of Mormon and randomly did so right to Alma 34:40-41 and it says: "And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions;  that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;  But that ye have patience and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions." It brought her comfort and she took a copy for herself. Just the night before I was praying and felt to ask for guidance on how I could use the Book Of Mormon more effectively. 
     Sunday we Went to see bro Lusby who is LA. He used to live in Layton and is currently an assistant football coach at Lompoc High! Well Elder Beus is from Ogden and also played football, so we hit it off and connected with him really well!
     My companion has been really awesome and a great support for me. We get along very well, talk about our family history and he loves to get out and work. Monday was crazy we were at the insta care and hospital for our entire P-day getting x-rays, a splint and sling and he was patient. 
     General Conference was awesome! In the MTC choir I saw Cameron Peterson from my Layton ward, Dallin Tracy from my Centerville ward and a kid I recognized from Layton high! I loved all the insights I got from the speakers, I have felt my testimony grow in prophets, the Lords appointed servants and in Jesus Christ.
     We have done lots of service at the food pantry and met a few less active members who work there. We also have  worked at members homes but all I really get to do is watch and do what I can with one-arm jobs.
Elder Stout



No comments:

Post a Comment