Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Monday, November 10, 2014

Elder Seth Garner







                                            Elder Garner and President and Sister Schmitt



Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:20

Hello! It has been a good couple of weeks in San Diego, and I am sure that everyone is enjoying the lovely fall colors. Personally, I don't mind the constant sunshine, but it never hurts to get a few rain clouds here and there, which, has happened maybe four times this year. I am so sorry for the lack of an email last week! Repentance is possible though, right? Since I emailed last, there has been quite a bit packed into the days and not enough time it seems. This transfer is quickly coming to a close, which means preparations for the next transfer have already begun, taking a toll on our proselyting as usual. With that being said, I so look forward to these next two transfers, and unfortunately they will be my last. I have known what the outcome of the rest of my mission for several weeks now, as for what will be happening with me assignment wise. It is my pleasure to announce that I will be receiving a new assignment at the end of October, and will no longer be an assistant to the president. It has been one crazy ride, and I have learned so much over the past seven months since I was assigned to be an assistant... More has happened in these months than any other months in my mission! Unfortunately, hardly any of it is recorded in a journal, due to the lack of time and the abundance of exhaustion. So, it has all been a wild blur which I will always reflect and look back on. I will never forget the experience!

I know that these next months have much in store for me, and there is still a lot of room for growth. It is going to be great to be a "normal" missionary again, and focus everything that I have on my new area, as well as my new companion. I am going to replace a set of sisters in an area fairly close to La Mesa, where there is a ward that just needs a whole lot of love. I will also be training a new missionary who has, I think, entered the MTC... This week? Well, he will get here the end of October. Boy, it is going to be a blast! Before I knew that I was going to be getting a new assignment, I was praying for something to happen that would allow me to grow more before my mission is over. I was praying for that A LOT. When President Schmitt told me in an interview what was going to be happening, I knew that my prayers were answered. The Spirit confirmed that this is what I need to become the missionary that Heavenly Father wants me to be. I have had a vision of myself at the end of the mission and what kind of person I would be, and I am not there yet... These next few weeks are going to be dedicated to fulfilling my purpose, strengthening this ward, finding those that need to be found, giving this new missionary the best experience he could possibly have at the beginning of his mission, and becoming the missionary that I NEED to be. While serving as an assistant for these next two weeks, I am still going to dedicate myself to helping in anyway that I can. I have been blessed! I could not have asked for better situations and circumstances that a mission had to offer! And it's not over yet! I love the Lord! I love the council that He gave during this past General Conference through His chosen servants. My mind has been filled with questions and concerns, which I came away from conference having them all answered and cleared up. I am ready for the next chapter and what it has to offer, and I am willing to offer everything I've got to get it! I hope that you all have a fantastic week!

Love,
        Elder Garner

Happy October!



Happy Halloween from Elder Garner!!







No comments:

Post a Comment