Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Elder Dallin Stout





Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM

First week in Lompoc!



 Crazy week! At transfer meeting I was able to see almost all of my past companions. Elder Sandholtz (one of them) is going home and gave his last testimony to us. This week has been quite eventful in my new area. Elder Beus has taken me to meet some of the people in the area for the first few days. The ward is very great, we share it with Elders Thornel and Hurst. We are in a 4 man apartment with them and its awesome, we get along very well. 
     My companion Elder Beus is awesome! On Saturday we were riding into town on a bike path and I was going very fast. I took a sharp turn with my brakes locked up and slid over a small gutter, gravel and hit hard into a cement wall. My left side was banged up but I stayed on my feet. I couldn't feel much pain because of my adrenaline rush so we rode to the church and cleaned up. we left a message for the Elders to come get us before our phone died and I iced my elbow until they came a few hours later. By then the instacare was closed so we went home and my comp made me a sling out of a scarf. I went to church Sunday and continued to ice my arm. The wrist thumb and elbow were swollen and my hip had a big bruise. I just got treatment today, the doctor x-rayed my arm and he is confident that my elbow has a hairline fracture. so he made a splint for my arm and got me a sling. We just now got back from the hospital where a recent convert is in the ER and wanted a blessing. So I am typing this one handed, its been a crazy day but Elder Beus is patient and has been helping by doing things for me.
     I definitely know that the Lord is looking out for me. The Dr. said a guy wiped out at the same place I did and was in the hospital for 3 months! Elder Beus was behind me at the accident and said that it was graceful, the best way I could have crashed. So I'm counting my blessings, I have a testimony that the Lord watches out for us, loves us and that this work truly is his work.
     We have been able to do 9 hours of service for people this week, I have met some terrific people doing so and it feels great to be helpful everywhere we can!  
With love Elder Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment