Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman



Mon, 29 Sept. 2014 13:56

 20 years later......

Well everyone it is about that time of year again!!! Super Stoked for General Conference and all the joy it brings to everyone all around the world!  But I know that I will be able to get something that is just for me and that is what I love most about it!!  So to start off my letter I wanna challenge you all to write down a couple of questions that you have and really look to see if they will get answered in conference, because I know they will!!

Now with my letter I am going to keep it a bit short today because i got lots to do today!!  But this week was a lot of fun!!   Filled with all sorts of fun stories that you will get to hear after my mission, but I will share a few that happened this week!

So, first story is that we were going to pick up this old man in our ward to come out teaching with us, and he lives in this old folks apartment complex.... so it is filled with old people everywhere!  So on the way in, we see this old woman outside her apartment trying to get in, and she was having a really hard time.   So we went to see what was up and found out that she was locked out!!  So I looked at this situation and thought what a perfect opportunity to have permission to see if we could some how break into someones house!! ha ha!!  So I looked at Elder Christensen and said, "All righty, let's break in to this woman's house some how!!" ha ha ha!!  So we pulled out a credit card and were trying to get the back sliding door, and that wasn't working and Elder Christensen tried picking the lock to the front door because he knows how, but he wasn't able to!  So I went out back to the window and I basically pried it open with my fingers, and was able to push out the window and we climbed in through the window and Saved the Day!!!  It was funny because this whole thing probably took like 20 minutes and we had gathered a crowed of old people, just watching us, and trying to give us pointers on what to do!! ha ha!!   But it was so funny to see them all out on the back lawn with their walkers and wheel chairs and canes and what not! But, it was a great time and a lot of laughs!

So next story... I was with Elder Christensen and we were teaching Brian and Tiffany, some of our investigators, and we had planned to teach them about the atonement and how it can carry them though their tough times in life!  It went so well!!   We talked about how Jesus has suffered "all" the same things that they have gone through and how they can always have Him help them through it!!  And they were super receptive to it and really want to become a more happy family and really progress in this gospel!!  I am super excited for them to get baptized here in the next couple of weeks, so keep them in your prayers!!!

That is about it for this week!  So, I hope you all have a great week and have a great General Conference!!! LOVE YA

~Keep Smiling~

Elder Beckman

PS. Sorry No pictures today!

Keep Brian and Tiffany in your prayers, that they might be baptized and find joy in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment