Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Elder Justin Thiel





This week was better then last week. I found out on Saturday that my companion is going to be transferred on Tuesday and that I will be training a new missionary again.  I'm more excited about it this time around.  It should be a great experience. 

One thing that Elder Kopischki told us to do when he came, was to memorize 42 scriptures for the 42 principles that we teach as missionaries, so I have been working on that all this since Friday.  I have 10 memorized so far. The ones that I memorized were: Malachi 2:10, Genesis 28:14, Amos 3:7, Isaiah 59:1-2, John 3:5, John 3:16-17, John 15:16, Ephesians 2:19-20, Hebrews 5:4, Moroni 10:3-5.  I still have a long way to go, but we are to use the scriptures when we talk to people, so that should really help me out in the work.  (Maybe you all could look them up and memorize them too!) :)

We had some awesome experiences this week.  We were sitting at the end of a street trying to figure out what we were going to do on Tuesday around 2, because an appointment had fallen through, when someone who we taught 2 months ago pulled up in a car next to us and asked if we could come to his house to teach him.  My companion and I were a little shocked at this, but we readily agreed.  When we got to his house, we taught him and his girlfriend who seemed really interested in the Restoration of the Gospel.  We taught them again later in the week, about the Book Of Mormon and the girlfriend had some really good questions and really wanted to read it.  It was a really cool miracle!

We had a church tour with our investigator, Lee, this week.   We showed him around the building talking about the different organizations in the church and explaining some of the pictures and what they represent.  The most powerful part was when we got to the chapel.  We talked about the sacrament and invited him to pray.  After he prayed, he got up and asked if he could say something and we agreed.  He said that he could feel the Spirit of Christ from the moment that he walked into the building, and that he now feels comfortable with coming to church and bringing this family with him.  Unfortunately, he wasn't able to come to church this Sunday, but we have high hopes for him.

I'm sorry to hear about Matthew.. I know how he feels, because I have had many of them myself and I know that it is not fun.  How did he get it?  It sound like things just weren't working for you guys this week, with dad's back and the dryer.. that's awesome that Jacob gets to go to the dedication of the temple!  That should be a really cool experience for him.  Did he get to go to one of the open houses?

I hope that the weeks start to get easier for you guys.  I love you and I will keep you in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Thiel 

No comments:

Post a Comment