Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Elder Brandon Wallis




August 28th

Alright, so we had transfers! As you know... and my new companion is...(drum roll).... Elder Hafoka! He's been out about 4 months, and he's straight from Tonga! His English is a little rough, but he's learning pretty quick. The Native's here seem to love him. We get along just fine, and we've had some great success already! We have 7 investigators with a baptism date. Dale, Kahora, Vangela, and Brooklyn have a goal for the 23rd! Evon and Harvis have a date for the 30th. Audree Johnson has a date for the 23rd. All of them have some things that they'll need to work on and change, but many of them are sincere and have a desire to change. We've been able to start teaching some less actives, and some of them are making some good progress now too. We even got this older lady Sadie to church! She hasn't been in a while! It was awesome to see her come. So Dale and his family were taught the Plan of Salvation yesterday, and I have to say, it was a very spiritual lesson! They lost a son about a year ago, his name is Dallas. Not only did he pass away, but he was murdered by some supposed "friends". This has been really hard on the family. Yesterday was also the first time that we taught the Mom. When we told her that her son was safe in the Spirit World she was so happy, starting to get teary eyed. Then we told her that she and her entire family, including Dallas, could be sealed together for time and all eternity she started bawling. After the lesson we recommitted everyone in the family and committed her to being baptized on the 23rd. If they continue doing what they are doing, they'll be a wonderful asset to the rest of the Branch.

So today is going to be the best P-Day of my mission! Not only do we get to go play Zone Sports, I got permission from President Miller to go back to Ladera West to Baptize Kiley!!! It's Heather's daughter. Her father finally gave her permission to be baptized and she requested that I come back and do it! I didn't think it would be allowed but I promised them I would at least ask, and to my surprise President said yes!!! This also means that it's going to be a lot of driving today... but totally worth it. I'll try and send some pictures real soon. This was a big transfer for this Zone. Every companionship has changed except for two! This is also the biggest Zone in the Mission! It'll be fun playing bball with new people. Oh, hey Dad! I got my six pack back!!! I'm working hard and eating heathly! Thank goodness I haven't been sick either for a long time now! Knock on wood...

I love you all! Have fun on the rest of your vacation! Time is flying by! It's starting to cool off nicely here, and we're well into monsoon season, so we get rain fairly often.

Love,
Elder Wallis



No comments:

Post a Comment