Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sister Sydney Burningham




     Hey, Happy Mother's Day yesterday! This week has been crazy, but so good. I loved talking with all of you and skyping, seeing all the little kittens y'all are raising. Sam's mullet is pretty sweet, Son buzzed all his hair off so that was cool Jessie and I tried to get him to do that forever and he finally does when I leave. Ridiculous. Haha, but seriously I love you all so much Mom, I think I forgot to actually say happy mothers day, so HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Sorry there was just too much to talk about. Sister Johnson and I were very grateful for the opportunity we had to see our families and talk to them about our lives here in Kingsport.
      One big success of the week is that we tracted into this woman named Sandra Nadeau and she is AMAZING. She doesn't really like church that much but guess what? She loves family history work! So yesterday she came into the church to do family history work and I think she really felt the spirit we talked to her about baptisms for the dead and it was an incredible experience we hope to get over to her place soon to follow-up and decide what she needs to be able to accept the gospel. The work is progressing all around us. Something I've learned this week is that people are prepared everywhere. But I've always learned patience. I haven't seen a baptism on my mission yet but I also know that the most important thing is the effort we put into this work and the charity and love we have for the people we meet. We have 3 or 4 investigators who are really progressing towards baptism so hopefully some of them will have a date this week! I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve these people and just get to know about where they come from, how religion has shaped them into who they are today or lack thereof sometimes. I found this INCREDIBLE scripture today that really spoke to me it's in Helaman 5:47. If there is one thing this gospel has given me it is peace of mind and encouragement in this work. He is always there for us if we turn to him. I also had more evidence this week of how powerful the priesthood is, and that it is REAL. We had an investigator who was going through a lot but she wants to join the church she just needs help focusing on it and turning off her brain at night (which reminded me of you, Mom) So the Elders gave her a priesthood blessing before church yesterday. The spirit was so strong she just cried as she told us this is the most peace she has had in a very long time. She knows the church is true and that Heavenly Father wants her to be here at this time. Her husband is what is keeping her from it,but hopefully we can meet with him soon and get teaching him! The church is so true.
"The size of your faith or degree of your knowledge is not the issue- it's the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth that you already know."
 We do not have to be perfect, but there is no option for giving up.
 If you don't know the church is true, pray to know it's true, have the desire to believe and it WILL come. 
 I love you all so much thank you for your prayers and Happy Mother's Day to all those beautiful Mom's out there!
 Love, Sister Burningham

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so fantastic to see these young people we know gaining such incredible testimonies!!! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete