Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Elder Bremen Acord


                           Elder Acord and other Elders in Cape Verde cooling off with Slushees!
Hey family!!
It looks like people are starting to remember me again! I got 24 e-mails today! A few random ones from people I havent heard of in a while. I'm coming home this month and everyone wants to remind me about it... haha
This last week was good. A little bit slow because a lot of the members were in Praia for a conference. It was still a good week though, and Joao the deaf dude got baptized on Saturday. He is such a boss!! It was an awesome baptism. We did it in the ocean right by the boat dock and the waves were huge!! Like surfing status! It was pretty intense and all the members were terrified and thought that we were going to drown. Cape Verdians are extremely dramatic. Church on Sunday was good, if we had all the members that went to Praia, we would have had 35 people in church, but 7 of our strongest members were gone, so we only had 28 here. Pretty good with everyone gone. I have three more Saturdays to have baptisms before I go, and I things go like they should, we should have a baptism each week!
I gave my last planner to the Sisters to have them make it for me and it turned out pretty awesome, but in the to do list every day, they put something random for me to do and on Thursday I had to teach my companion something new, so I spent the whole entire day talking about HOCKEY! I taught him almost everything I know about hockey. I made him a list of all the teams and I told him about a bunch of awesome players and I told him about the rules and strategies and everything! It was awesome... Anyways, he now knows more about hockey than any other sport. He was almost as upset as me today when we found out that Chicago is out... I am cheering for LA and Elder Young for NY. Also that little adventure down to Hurricane sounds like it should be pretty awesome! Motorcycles wont work? That letter that you wanted to write myself dad sounds like a good idea. One of my do do's in my planner is to write myself a letter and send it home, so I will definitely do that. Beau told me not to be a block stacker...
I love you all and I cant wait to see you!!
Love,
Elder Acord

                  Elder Acord at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cape Verde, Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment