Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sister Sydney Burningham




Just me holding the sun sphere, this is a mural at the very top of the sun sphere you can see all of Knoxville from the top of that thing.

Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 1:48 PM

To the Rescue.


Hello from Tennessee!
I just have to say Tennessee is beautiful, we went on a hike this morning and got to see this really old Quarry and it's so green and pictures don't really do it justice so someday I'll bring all of you back with me, or just take my word for it and come to eastern Tennessee, I have fallen in love with this place for real.
Okay, you guys I know I say this every single week, but time is going by so fast and I don't know what to do to slow it down.  This transfer has gone by the fastest of the them all.  We find out transfer information on Saturday and sometimes, (all the time) I wish it would all just slow down.  I've been trying to take it one day at a time but my goodness, it just flies.  This week was so wonderful, our companionship is doing well.  I'm still in a trio with Sister Sume and Sister Roundy, I never really told you much about them but they are super great and we are really learning how to work in unity.  Your companions sort of just become your rocks, no matter what happens they are always there, through the good times and the rough ones, it's so neat to see your companions and yourself change out here and become who the Lord wants them and yourself to be.  I have always been so blessed with companions, learned something different from every single one. 
This week something miraculous happened.  Well every week we see miracles but this one was particularly meaningful to me.  So we know this woman who got baptized last year back in I believe October and she went inactive shortly after she was baptized.  We have not been able to get in to see her and she has been really struggling.  So finally last week we just offered to come help her around her house and clean up a bit and help her get things back in order.  She agreed and we came into her home, she just seemed.. lost and afraid.  We got talking with her and it turns out she had this lifestyle before her baptism and she just relapsed.  She feels so guilty for the severity of the sin and just broke down to us for awhile.  We sat with her and hugged her till she stopped crying.  After a minute we opened up to 3 Nephi chapter 17 when the Savior comes to see the people, he tells them he must leave them just till the next day and they begin to weep because they don't want him to leave, so he tarries a little longer and blesses them, prays for them, heals them, and blesses their little children.  After we read she starting looking up, the spirit was tangible, she knew she was loved and honored even though her past had come back and old habits were difficult to break, she knew that the Savior loved her and wanted her to be happy.  I have never been a lesson where the spirit was that tangible.  She is the most incredible person, we don't know everything she's been through but the Savior does and it is never too late for anyone to come back.  The Savior will wrap you up in the arms of his Atonement and bring you back, every single time.  She said we could come back anytime this week and we will continue to work with her and her 2 kids.  As a missionary you feel this overwhelming love for those you teach, and work with, it is a very very small fraction of the love the Lord feels for them. 
On a completely different subject, so sorry I'm all over the place today but I was thinking about our time and our dispensation and specifically why all of us are here right now in this specific time period and I found a quote by Neal A. Maxwell that said: "All the easy things that the church has had to do have been done.  From now on it's high adventure, and followership is going to be tested in some interesting ways." Reading this quote at first I got a little bit scared and nervous but then I just got excited, we are in the last days and we get to spread the gospel to all the world, the Lord trusts us so much with his work and he wants us to be happy and he has given us the perfect plan to guide us back home.  We need strong homes and strong families, we need to lift each other up and help everyone get back, it's exciting and it's all true.
I love you all thank you for the support and love, until next week!
Love,
Sister Burningham


The two at the top left are our sister training leaders and Sister Roundy across us, we went on the coolest hike ever to this quarry.  LOVED IT..






No comments:

Post a Comment