Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sister Sydney Burningham




We went down into one of the ladies in our wards home and found these gems, she said I could have this coat but I couldn't take it from her, it's brilliant.


Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Faith Promise.


Hello Everyone!

What a week it has been, as every week.  I have a few quick updates for you seeing as how we had transfer calls on Saturday morning, transfers are this Wednesday.  It's always so funny to me that none of you run on 6 weeks at a time, haha.  We got the call and Sister Sume is being transferred on Wednesday, it was a bit of a shock to us because she has only been here 3 transfers we thought for sure she would be with us till I left, but the Lord knows what he is doing and she is needed elsewhere, needless to say it's been sort of rough because I just love her so much and have been able to see the Atonement work in all our lives and we've all changed and grown so much in our time together, it is always difficult to leave a companion but the Lord has a plan and it's perfect so we just trust in that.  We have spent some time the past couple days saying goodbye to the people she has come to love so much.  It always amazes me how instantly you can love people you meet.  I had one such experience this week.

So we were going to contact some in active members in our area book and we went to a home, no one answered so we were deciding what to do next when this couple were walking their two dogs.  We met LeeAnn and Jeffrey, they are pregnant with their first baby and moved here pretty recently, we asked them if they knew their neighbor we were trying to see and then our conversation moved to what we do as missionaries and then on to the gospel. They belong to a huge mega church (they have them all over here) called Faith Promise.  It's non denominational and they really love it.  LeeAnn spoke about her confusion and wondering if there is one way back to God and if there's a way we can really know before we pass away.  We had a long discussion with her about the Book of Mormon and how she can know, I felt an instant love for this little family and wanted to help, at the time she was pretty convinced we had nothing of value for her or her family and that Faith Promise is somewhere we should be going to church.  
But in this time we had with them I realized that no matter what, if they accept or reject the message we have to share they are children of God and his sons and his daughters and now they have a Book of Mormon and somewhere down the road they may have the opportunity to accept the Gospel later.  I am reminded of the incredible prophesy about the southern states and them accepting the gospel.

President Kimball says:
"Make no small plans: They have no magic to stir men’s souls. This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the Church than all other English-speaking missions in the world together. There are great hosts of marvelous Baptists, members of the Church of Christ, Methodists, and Catholics who are honorable people, and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and love him. As they see the church veering off to the right or to the left of those basic teachings, they will begin to search for the truth; and as pivotal teachers come into the church and have influence they will see the time when we will baptize hundreds and thousands, tens of thousands, in your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the South States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people. The missionaries love the South. We are making great strides and expect to continue.”

I am always amazed at how much I love these people here they have such strong faith in Christ and they are being prepared.
This week in my studies I was reading 3 Nephi which I believe has become my favorite Book in the Book of Mormon mostly because the Savior comes and it is so powerful, it truly testifies of him.  I was thinking about the confidence I have in the Savior and that really I am to qualify to be the Lord's hands, voice and acts and to hold his light up in 3 Nephi 18:24 it says:

"Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed."

It is his light, not our own.  We do what we do because we love the Savior, because he has asked us to serve his brothers and sisters and lead them to him.  He can heal us from anything, he loves us and wants us to turn to him, I love having him with me, he has helped me to change and enabled me to become who I am now and through him I can become what Heavenly Father has sent me here to be, it is by serving others and leading them to Christ that I have found myself.
 

Thank you for the love and support, I still have one more transfer and I'm excited for all Sister Roundy and I's adventures ahead, I love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Sister Burningham.


Last picture and zone meeting with President and Sister Irion, we played volleyball with them, I love them and will miss them so much when they leave in a couple weeks!


























                                                                                 Sister Roundy turned us into unicorns.




















No comments:

Post a Comment