Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Elder Dallin Lambertsen





Monday, December 01, 2014 10:15 AM

Thanksgiving!


#SHARETHEGIFT
Thanksgiving was awesome!
We started off the day playing in the Ward Turkey Bowl. It is important to mention that it was -2 when we started playing. It was only two hand touch, but man the muscles were sore until about Sunday.
We then had dinner with the Bishop. I don’t know if I have mentioned this in the past but he is the CFO and Co-Founder of Zeffer Hats. His house is very nice and state of the art. He is also an amazing cook. I don't think I have had a more tender piece of meat in my entire life. He had a turkey, a goose, and a duck. After having dinner with them we crashed at the apartment and took an hour and a half nap (food coma). Then later in the evening, we went to a recent convert family for another Thanksgiving dinner. It was much more meager. We had a small chicken, stuffing, potatoes, and banana bread. That is kind of why I love the area of Oakdale. It has every walk of life from rich to poor, from Hmong to Spanish, from white to black and I can verify that Minnesota is a Gigantic Melting Pot. There is a good mix of everyone and everything in this ward.
Wednesday was Transfers! I dropped off Elder Thacker in Bloomington, and he is heading to St. Cloud. Then I picked up Elder McConnell! Elder McConnell was serving in the Medicine Lake Ward and has been a Zone Leader for the past 10 Months, but now we are just serving as a normal companionship. In Missionary Genealogy, he would be considered my Mom (companion after Training is complete).  He is from Mountain Green, Utah (Weber Canyon). He is also da bomb.
I did get the package! Thanks for the music! I had a member switch it all over to my Ipod. I was excited to get the advent Calendar but unfortunately it did not survive the shipping process, all the chocolate is at the bottom of the calendar.
Last week we did not have to many lessons scheduled, but on Sunday we really buckled down and set up 8 appointments for the next week.
It has been freezing up here. I believe the high for this week is around 7 degrees. It hit like 35 and I felt like wearing my short sleeve shirts. It was awesome. I did see grass in that video!  You need to send a few of those degrees up this way.

Have you guys seen the Christmas video? christmas.mormon.org? Watch it, share it. You got the pass along cards with the Ensign. Use the hashtag #sharethegift. This video is a big push by the church. Us as missionaries are supposed to take numbers on referrals, investigators, and baptisms we get from this initiative and report them every week to church headquarters.
Merry Christmas #sharethegift
Elder Lambertsen

No comments:

Post a Comment